Stock Internal D16z6 TURBO

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well whats wird is that we put the new shit in today and it did 10 psi with no problem

That's cool now that I think about it I'm probably going to go with a d16z6 myself instead of throwing out over $2,000 for a b16a just to get a head start on my 200 whp goal. Is there anywhere online that sells USDM engines like the z6? I know I should check junkyards but really I have a hard time trusting them because my d15b7 with fucked off cylinder came from a junkyard and messed up after a few weeks.

Quick question don't mean to thread jack but...is the d16z6 a 1.5 or a 1.6 liter? Gotta know what to ask the junkyards lol.

Gotta hand it to Blanco and his vast knowledge schooling any and everyone in building hondas. And I didn't know what d15 meant and thought d16 was for 16 valves. LOL thanks for pointing that out.

And DAMN less than $1500 will get a d16z6 to 200 whp? Fuck the B16 I'm just getting a d16z6 and build/turbo that. Thanks for real my goal's only like 200-250 whp. I say "only" as opposed to my ridiculous 400 whp goal lmao noobiness.

I'm going to buy a z6 I'm talkin with someone right now to get the engine with trans, just gotta buy an ecu to go with it :D. I'll have it N/A with high-flow cat, cat-back exhaust, headers and intake just to last until I can save for a turbo kit.

By the way checked out that beerbongskickass he got his honda stolen and got it back AND FOUND THE GUY THAT JACKED IT!! holy shit I would have put the guy in the hospital for that shit. And buy a Sparco steering wheel that never goes in the car unless I drive it :D.

I'll keep that in mind if I can't find a pre-chipped p28 or don't have the money for a Hondata ecu :). Probably just gonna get a chipped p28 since I don't know anything about tuning.

8psi max on stock internals..

you can do a pretty cheap turbo set up for like 1000.. get a turbo off a older style dsm and bolt that up to a vx manifold with a adapter plate. then all u need to get a dsm bov and most of the turbos have the internal wastegate.. pick up a cheap intercooler and piping u could get easy 170 hp on the d16

a t25 has about the best compressure map for the d16 but a 14b is a good one too and those are on an eclipse, laser, and talon

I'd just buy a kit Turbonetics or TSI seem to be the most complete with good parts. Costs more but to me it's worth it for the peace of mind and bolt-on installation ;). Plus you can customize it later.

And I don't understand how a turbo determines what psi you can handle..I thought psi was psi - how much pressure there is in the cumbustion chamber. I'll do a search and be a smart noob :).

EDIT: nvm i'm tired the answer to the psi misunderstanding is now obvious lmao

Last edited:
Do you have even the slightest clue know how cheap and easy it is to get 400whp from a D16?

Wouldn't that be as easy as pistons/rods maybe springs/retainers, machine work/PNP, bigger turbo and a boost controller?

Back