Stock Internals Holding 20psi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well im not defending this guy(it may or may not be true) but the afc can be used to control 20psi if you also use a missing link together with it. and 440cc injector work fine, im using 450dsm injectors on a d16 and they work great. they don get flooded if you got the correct settings.i think with 20psi he probably needs even bigger injectors. :blink:

Opinion: Wow...20psi on stock internals. I'd say thats pretty damn spiffy! Honestly though, its gonna blow up. Im not saying don't keep doing it (mostly cause i dont care), but I will venture out and tell you IT WILL HAPPEN. But I will give you credit for doing something (though dangerous) like this with the stock engine. I'd be suspect of the 440's at times, but they could be made useful with the right regulators and tune. I dont know what the HDCB Clutchmasters is, If its a organic disk, I'd worry its gonna slip, if it's a ceramic..well, I hope you plan on buying a new flywheel or transmission in the future if this is a street car, cause pucked clutches are death to the usual honda transmission. I would think you're* (*see spelling!) aproaching the maximum efficiency of your turbo and wouldn't doubt you could egg out some extra engine life by backing off the boost 1-2psi, but only a suggestion.

As for the S-AFC and its effectiveness, I run a V-AFC on my D-Series turbo and have boosted as high as 20psi with it and it has been quite effective, not to say I dont want to get a different system like Emanage, which I've seen work very well and I'm sure I could gain from using the more effective engine control.
I have some respect to give to Calesta for his comment, "You're right about people being scared of boost here- I just choose not to say much about it because a lot of the boostaholics are somewhat close minded, plus it's not really my area of expertise." Thank you for saying what i could never put into words.

As to those who decide to call people idiots, well...he did post for an opinion. so i guess thats what they gave him. :lol:

it cant happen

at 11.2 psi, the map sensor will sense bosot, and throw a code.
if you boost on a motor throwing a code, you are just a fucking retard.

I should have been more specific, I'm using a missing link to prevent such "Fucking Stupid" things from happening. But your right, without the ML on the manifold, it would be fucking stupid.

85-91 map sensor = 9.25 psi

92+ map sensor = 10.65 psi

and i guess im a fucking retard, im boosting on a cel :)

its the o2 sensor heater code, the p05 ecu im running doesnt have the transistor to operate the o2 sensor heater. So im in open loop all the time :( 18 mpg ownz me :( :(

Back