1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock looking exhaust

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by p0opyfacekilla, Dec 30, 2002.

1. p0opyfacekilla

p0opyfacekilla Junior Member

Can anyone help me out on this? All I can find are those exhausts with the huge tips and that is not what i'm looking for

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Apexi World Sport?

Stock system with butterfly valve to dump exhaust straight from header when you feel like it?

:D

3. p0opyfacekilla

haha :D that would be soo frickin loud n hilarious to see someone actually do it

4. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

dynomax super turbo muffler. its a good performance muffler and not too loud, and looks 100% stock. i have one. inexpensive too! you can check it out at www.dynomax.com

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

old school RS*R before skunk2 became the importer. that was the shit. but good like finding one.
    stock ITR cat back flows pretty good too- its not great for serious power- but it is more than enought to give your civic more flow

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

It is,after my swap I broke some bolts on my exhaust so I just tied the end up and ran it straight out of the header.Got the meanest looks driving around town.

7. phunky.buddha

I've seen it on a WRX at one of the Houston meets... it pulls up totally stock, sounds tame- them hit the switch and the valve dumps the exhaust straight out the downpipe.

Wicked.......

8. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

ever hear an open header rotary??
    ouch

but any way back to the question ... a custom exhaust will be your best option... other than that Apex WS or Comptech are good choices

9. Integra1990

Integra1990 Senior Member

Funny exhaust story, i hav enlarged piping all the way thru, but the dc headers is the best part, since my car is lowered it has caught a few bumps here and there and the bottom of the header has a bout a 4 inch gash in it, where exhaust gases just poor out, the catback muffler still gets sound out of it, but a considerable amount of gas is dumped right outta the header, i dotn really care bc im goin to turbo soon, but my only concern is back pressure issues, but so far nothin has gone wrong.

10. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

Just dont stay stoped with the car on too long. You might start to feel a little woozy and your head will :spin:

11. phunky.buddha

12. p0opyfacekilla

haha that thing is awesome i'm definitely gettin one of those

thanks for the input guys your help is very appreciated especially Calesta :worthy:

13. phunky.buddha

14. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

shit that thing is sweet but i'd never pass my smog tests :( only $135 too. anyway, it'd prolly get ripped right off on the first speed bump. ouch.

15. phunky.buddha

Mount it sideways so it doesn't go below the level of your current exhaust... and are you sure you wouldn't pass emissions with it? Do they look under your car?

16. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

o yea, it could be mounted sideways...but yea, sometimes they look. in fact, i think they always look under my car. maybe checking to make sure there isnt any cheating? damn smog tests.

17. phunky.buddha

Maybe- it might also be visual verification of no leaks and no removed catalytic converter. Ask the smog ref in your area if something like that would pass.

18. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

Dude, if u dont wanna go huge tips and still get loud sound, u can get a stock looking canister, that flow's alot better and looks stock, i have 1 on my car, it has 2 pipes like stock CRX Si, but they are a lil bigger but still fit in stock cutout. Also if u dont wanna get a loud sound, go mandrel bent the whole way back, it will sound tame up until like 6500 rpm when it will just light up. I love the sound of it b/c u can drive around town and freeway and not get blown away, but when u race it just screams. if u dont want any sound, id get a dynomax, raptor, or rhino muffler. they all have stock appearance and a lil sound but nothing to cry about. They also flow alot better than stock setup. I vote Pure mandrel bent the whole way, then maybe a small tip on the end but its ur call.

19. Lucky13Racing

Lucky13Racing Junior Member

I put a cherry bomb on my ride with a turn down the entire thing is 57 inches from the header back .....That sob is loud but not as loud as when I used to run a straight pipe with a turn down ....I also have a custom peice that comes right out the passneger side for street use......Either way I love them both since you cant see them plus I get the most amount of hp from either one.....

20. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

mugen twin loop.

a friend of mine got it put on his Supercharged sol and it is amazing. sounds excellent and doesn't have a huge ass tip.. tucks up therr nicely

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted