Stock Market wonderments

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
So wednesday john deere DE announced earnings higher than expected and the stock drops +$5 with something like 3x the normal trade volume.
so far today it has continued its decline
wtf?

Last edited:
lots of views and no takers
found an article that explains the situation a bit
managment notes in the earnings report scared off investors.
if it continues to drop today it might hit my open buy position

Shares of Deere & Company (NYSE: DE) fell more than 5% after the company released earnings on Wednesday. The machinery manufacturer reported a solid performance for the quarter, but many investors were worried about management´s comments on the possibility of North American farm demand being near its peak.

My company, will not name, has similar issues most of the time. The largest issue with an increase in profits is the capital expenditures and what they do with cash. Recently there has been a huge trend with R & D and Dividend increase. So funds have been purchasing the stock to be a stockholder on record for a savory dividend when you have to be a stock holder of record. To combat this, a lot of companies buy back stock to level the market.

Although yesterday with the speculation of dividends that will be announced on the 17th, the stock has been up like 5%.

I'll take it as a stock holder on record.

I ditched all my big cap funds a while back except for the few that pay out near 10% dividend rates. I have most of my money in those high div rate stocks, like BMY and TICC. I have a couple smaller holds in stuff i bought when they were borderline bankrupt, like FITB that i bought at 1.20 (and is now over 13) and SIRI (9 cents, doubled down a couple times in the 20s and 30s, now over 2 and headed to 3) round out the 2nd half of my portfolio for the most part, but those were high risk gambles that paid off greatly. I just as easily could have lost it all ala lehman brothers. The news and everything else has too much swagger on the 'name brand' stocks. There's better money to be made elsewhere IMO.

I also think, in general, it's a horrible time to buy. Everything is up up up because our dollar is crap crap crap. I haven't bought in to anything in a long time.

Back