Stock Motor but running rich

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
I put a new d15b7 in my dx but i smell gas at higher roms. What could be the issue? I know it is a broad question but i am willing to try anything to fix it. Post some ideas :)

bad catalyst? exhaust leak before the cat? blown muffler bearing? (the last one isn't real ,lol)

so basically frin' up theexhaust joints with some new gaskets and bolts? i didnt know that would make it rn rich. Nore did i know the catalytic converter ewould aid in me running rich. Is that why my gas milage all of a sudden blows?

It may not be that you are necessarily running rich, but just smelling the exhaust before it hits the cat. But if you are getting poor gas mileage, you may have a different problem. Have you replaced/cleaned your air filter recently? I know that my CAI get a lot dirtier than a normal filter, and a lot quicker too. It was nasty, and was causing me to run a bit rich.

DSC00347.jpg

thats the issue :) big ass hole in the muffler. I replaced it and it runs as quiet as a ... fox :)

Back