1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock Motor but running rich

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by YouKnowWhoIBee, Aug 4, 2006.

1. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

I put a new d15b7 in my dx but i smell gas at higher roms. What could be the issue? I know it is a broad question but i am willing to try anything to fix it. Post some ideas :)

2. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

bad catalyst? exhaust leak before the cat? blown muffler bearing? (the last one isn't real ,lol)

3. YouKnowWhoIBee

so basically frin' up theexhaust joints with some new gaskets and bolts? i didnt know that would make it rn rich. Nore did i know the catalytic converter ewould aid in me running rich. Is that why my gas milage all of a sudden blows?

4. MikeBergy

It may not be that you are necessarily running rich, but just smelling the exhaust before it hits the cat. But if you are getting poor gas mileage, you may have a different problem. Have you replaced/cleaned your air filter recently? I know that my CAI get a lot dirtier than a normal filter, and a lot quicker too. It was nasty, and was causing me to run a bit rich.

5. YouKnowWhoIBee

[​IMG]

thats the issue :) big ass hole in the muffler. I replaced it and it runs as quiet as a ... fox :)

6. MikeBergy

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted