1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stock motor no good now what?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by civicdude007, Jul 18, 2008.

1. civicdude007

civicdude007 New Member

i am new to the whole Honda game. i used to be v dubs for life but i have turned to the dark side and bought a good lookin 95 civic, but where to start. i think my lil 1.5l is froze, i think it is, and i was wondering what were some of my options are to get it runnin good.how can i tell for sure that my engine is no good. will a 1.6l bolt and plug right in? should i do the mini me thing i have read about or what? i know all you honda heads are gettin tired of newbies askin dumba$$ questions but i am kinda at a standstill right know . any help from you tech guys would be much appreciated............... i only got about $300 for a lil peppy engine but will have more later. i heard about the z6 but do i have to change or modify anything to swap the 1.5 to a 1.6.

2. Dark93DX

Dark93DX New Member

This is the engine building forum, try searching in the Hybrid EG EK forum for swap information.

you said it froze, I assume you mean seized and won't rotate...in that case then yes the engine needs replacement or a rebuild.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted