Stock muffler sound

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90sihatch

I really can't take the straight pipe any more, and am considering buying a stock si muffler, but I want the car to have a mildly aggressive sound. I hate the look and sound of huge mufflers, so I was wondering if anyone has experience with what the stock muffler sounds like after a swap(ls) with a header.

If you want a quiet exhaust with a mildly aggressive sound, go with an Apex'i WorldSport.

A stock Si muffler is gonna sound like a stock Si.

I had an RS*R ExMag on my 89 B20/VTEC / built GSR hatch.

My roommate has a WorldSport on his H22 EK hatch.

They both sounded DAMN near identical.

Both of them had a bit too large of a tip for my taste, however the RS*R's tip was a little larger, but not much.

The only difference? The RS*R has black piping, and is about $100-$150 more, depending on where you buy it.

I just ordered an exhaust for my CRX about a week ago....I went with the WorldSport. The RS*R just isn't worth the extra $150 for the same exact sound, IMO. The only difference I'm gonna have to deal with is the big shiny canister, which a can of high-temp flat black paint will fix.

The cheapest ive seen the rsr exmag is for $500 shipped.
at www.morepowerracing.com
I bought it for the stocker look, being on a crx, having the black piping and muffler is a good thing in virginia when driving a honda. Anti-pig exhaust.

yeah but I can only dream of those, 17 working part time makes a $500 exhaust kind of difficult. sorry i forgot to mention the budget. So even with a swap and header it would be almost silent? I don't really want it loud but I don't want it to sound stock either.

go to a muffler shop then.. have them bend you some 2- 2 1/4 piping and put a dynomax muffler.. they're pretty quiet

it'll probably run bout $250

I have the stock exhaust on my b16 swap into a 91 hatch. It basically sounds stock except for the headers. Nobody will hear you coming. Very low key. How much power will you lose out on going back to stock exhaust?

well i had the staright pipe all the way back with a 2 1/4" piping with headers and i juat added a camaro stock exhaust and it sounds like a mini v8 its no loud and not to low its just perfect so if u put the stock muffler with no cat it will sound good just sound u want

okay.........eg6sir is right on the money exept i would add atleast two 18" resonators and try to keep the pipe as straight as possible....forget about bending the back wheel...if you do, get a step up pipe to compensate for the crush........

but i would just save for the rsr exmag.....

Back