1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock muffler sound

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by 90sihatch, Dec 28, 2005.

1. 90sihatch

90sihatch Senior Member

I really can't take the straight pipe any more, and am considering buying a stock si muffler, but I want the car to have a mildly aggressive sound. I hate the look and sound of huge mufflers, so I was wondering if anyone has experience with what the stock muffler sounds like after a swap(ls) with a header.

2. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

If you want a quiet exhaust with a mildly aggressive sound, go with an Apex'i WorldSport.

A stock Si muffler is gonna sound like a stock Si.

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

just buy a quiet aftermarket exhaust. everyone here will tell you to get the RS-R ExMag

4. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

[​IMG]

5. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

I had an RS*R ExMag on my 89 B20/VTEC / built GSR hatch.

My roommate has a WorldSport on his H22 EK hatch.

They both sounded DAMN near identical.

Both of them had a bit too large of a tip for my taste, however the RS*R's tip was a little larger, but not much.

The only difference? The RS*R has black piping, and is about $100-$150 more, depending on where you buy it.

I just ordered an exhaust for my CRX about a week ago....I went with the WorldSport. The RS*R just isn't worth the extra $150 for the same exact sound, IMO. The only difference I'm gonna have to deal with is the big shiny canister, which a can of high-temp flat black paint will fix.

6. VTECPOWER

VTECPOWER Senior Member

The cheapest ive seen the rsr exmag is for $500 shipped.
    at www.morepowerracing.com
    I bought it for the stocker look, being on a crx, having the black piping and muffler is a good thing in virginia when driving a honda. Anti-pig exhaust.

7. 90sihatch

90sihatch Senior Member

yeah but I can only dream of those, 17 working part time makes a $500 exhaust kind of difficult. sorry i forgot to mention the budget. So even with a swap and header it would be almost silent? I don't really want it loud but I don't want it to sound stock either.

8. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

go to a muffler shop then.. have them bend you some 2- 2 1/4 piping and put a dynomax muffler.. they're pretty quiet

it'll probably run bout $250

9. MySIR2

MySIR2 Junior Member

I have the stock exhaust on my b16 swap into a 91 hatch. It basically sounds stock except for the headers. Nobody will hear you coming. Very low key. How much power will you lose out on going back to stock exhaust?

10. focuscrxsi

focuscrxsi Member

well i had the staright pipe all the way back with a 2 1/4" piping with headers and i juat added a camaro stock exhaust and it sounds like a mini v8 its no loud and not to low its just perfect so if u put the stock muffler with no cat it will sound good just sound u want

11. formby

formby learning in progress

okay.........eg6sir is right on the money exept i would add atleast two 18" resonators and try to keep the pipe as straight as possible....forget about bending the back wheel...if you do, get a step up pipe to compensate for the crush........

but i would just save for the rsr exmag.....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted