Stock 'paint marks' means WHAT??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

78civic

Now I've been messing with Hondas for quite a while but haven't talked to or heard/seen any correlation between the markings on the springs meaning what weight/spring load ratings they mean.

Anyone have any info on that?

Over the years I've aquired sets and sets of springs that I'm not sure which I can match or what. (don't know if they are from a accord or integra etc..)
I really don't want to throw them away, but need to finally have some kind of way knowing what they are and maybe help someone else with getting 'that ride' that works and not too harsh, without having to buy new if there is a good replacement.
Maybe if there is enough info and going back some years, it can be a 'sticky'..?
Thanks, E

I thought of making a large frame like a nutcracker and placing "X" spring at a certain point (I'm sure that makes a difference) and just adding weight to the other end to see what it takes to make it compress to "Y".

The only problem is that I only have about 4 sets of un-cut springs and don't have prior knowledge of mileage/age/model. Just Dia, length, thickness of said spring.

I thought that if you guys that deciphered the markings on the trannys could figure those out, maybe that someone would have knowledge of the different year/colors??

There's GOT TO BE info out there.. Otherwise, why would they mark them?
I wonder if guys at Honda-Tech/ Honda Tuning would know.

On these 1st gens I have, I forgot what model I got them from. Could be an accord or Prelude...? I just grabbed what I could find and spread out the perch a little to set it.
You could use the later/ thinner dia on the fronts but the back was like 5"dia, so you would have a drastic rake and harsh ride..
But it was all still a shot in the dark.

E

Back