"stock" pistons to raise comp --B20b??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Magana: I looked up RS-Machine.. Got the Ebay site, and almost bid on a set, then I saw 170$ for shipping!!!!

Thats a little high for me for just cast pistons..
There is a party selling more economical ones but from Peruto Rico (?)
are looking better. But man, I'm a little skeptical of shipping from another country.
I did just miss a std set off of Ebay, Forgot to bid, it ended with no bidders, I contacted him, he relisted, it was gotten by "buy it now" before I read my email... pooop.

E

INJEN78: Well Yes there is a difference in cams. Kinda suprising also.
>>>>>>>>>>>>> B18a >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< B20b <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Intake: base=_____1.105 base=_____1.1025
lobe=_____1.316 =.211-lift lift=_____1.3075 =.205-lift

exhaust:base=_____1.105 base=_____1.110
lobe=_____1.309 =.204-lift lobe=_____1.1.320= .215-lift

Now these measurements were taken from USED cams of which are untold mileage.
Maybe using the B18's intake cam with the B20's ex cam would be a slight performance gain..(there is only a few thou difference)
AND does the B18 compensate with a smaller base circle to make up about the same lift??
BUT in which head?? I'd really like to know which one has the bigger ports.
I'm leaning toward the B20 head just because of the addition of water passages around the c-chamber. If they were 'coated' and flat faced valves, i wouldn't worry about melting something.

E

I would run the B18 intake and the B20 exhaust setup.

There really isn't that much of a difference in lift.. The Duration looks longer(fatter before the point of the lobe) on the B20's though.
NOW, I find a GSR head local but don't know the combustion chamber size in relation to the 18/20's
E

There really isn't that much of a difference in lift.. The Duration looks longer(fatter before the point of the lobe) on the B20's though.
NOW, I find a GSR head local but don't know the combustion chamber size in relation to the 18/20's
E

Yeah but 240sx guys do that with the K24de camshafts and get great gains from stock cam mixing. It would be the same as mixing B16/Gsr cams... I ran 00 B18b camshafts in my B18a1 and saw a great inmprovement over the stock ones.

Yeah, I've messed with cams a little by drawing up the clearance at the follower on the intake, and then loosening up the exhaust. I've seen 'feel of the pants' gains, but it could get a little noisy.

E

If you can find a decent used vtec head, I would pick it up. You have scene the power that endyn was getting out of there 2.0 vtec motors. You should keep you eye open and pick one up. The power gains are worth the $300-$400 you will spend for a complete head.

Yeah, Thanks Boostin. If I can sell my prelude/z28 I'd jump on it. I don't even know if it's still for sale.
I just started a thread in the electric section. i'm dead in the water now because I shorted a wrench to the battery swapping the 40/40.. turns over, no start

E

It's been raining so much that I'd probably push the crank in the mud, So I took it down to the corner truck shop and in less than a blink his impact had it off.. DANG!

E

Back