stolen car report...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i was thinking about it, and even if carfax did fuck up, which i have no doubt they do... but if they did, it would still be listed with the p0lice as a stolen car...

but its not flagged as stolen anymore...

so in theory, if someone oredered a duplicate title and somehow got it sent to them or obtained it some other way, they could forge my name and sell the car and the new person could register it in their name since its no longer flagged...

wtf...

so now its thursday... any no one has any answers for me...
they have submitted a search request or whatever to the central agency in albany...

so i first found about this on monday, tried to call them and both people i had talked to in the local PD were unavailable, one was out sick, the other teaching a DARE class...

so as it stands now there are 2 possibilities...
1. the car was recovered, i was not notified due to negligence...
2. the car was not recovered but was removed from the system due to negligence
so someone could get pulled over in it today and it would not be registered as stolen, cops say have a nice day and let them drive away, this would also be negligence...

so after getting hung up on by the state police and getting the run around from the local PD i sent an e-mail to the internal affairs unit of the state police...
holy shit, talk about getting a response... got a call today
lol

they still have absolutely no clue what has happened but the state trooper is now investigating it as well as the local PD, and if i don't get an answer tomorrow i am re-filing the car as stolen with the state police instead of the negligent local PD...

ok, state police ROCK...

just got a call now from my trooper contact...

the car was located in NYC by the sanitation department...
a notice was sent to the local police but apparently they dropped the ball...
trooper said all fees etc should be paid by the local PD, and i asked what if they left my car outside with the window smashed out and it got snowed and rained in for the last 2 months and she said they would most likely be responsible...

so car location: UNKNOWN
car condition: UNKNOWN

i assume its fully stripped, but hopefully they at least left the wack motor and trans, and maybe some donuts so i can flatbed it without ripping the chassis apart...

good god... this sucks...

OK...
car was located OCTOBER 14, 2004

within 2 weeks of when it was stolen...

:wtf:

Originally posted by civicious@Mar 17 2005, 03:26 PM
Once again, I refer you back to my original post.
[post=474913]Quoted post[/post]​

Man that sucks. However it's cool SOMEONE finally helped you. I have a situation atm where I bought two cars from a guy kinda through ebay and he just wouldnt deliver them to me. I contacted the FBI (they handle internet fraud or fraud across state lines) and they said the amount of money was too small for them to bother with (too small to who???). So then I contact the city police and they said I couldn't even file a report for at least a week. Then I realized I actually live in a suburb of the city so I contacted the suburb police. Man, they were all over that shit and I ended up getting one of the cars with a week, however it's been a month since then and the guy is dragging his feet again so I am just gonna have charges pressed for the other car, fuck em!! It seems like sometimes al it takes is one person in a position of power to get off their ass and things get done. I mean if I was the guy who ripped me off for a paltry $1300 and I received a phone call from the FBI saying I was gonna receive federal charges unless I delivered the cars I would be scared as fuck and deliver them right away. As it is though the Po Po's dont like to do shit and people keep getting away with stupid ass things like that.

Anyway, I hope your car is not in too bad of shape and ya get it back soon. Make sure ya let us know and post pics when ya get it back. :(

so NYC vehicle recovery charges as follows

$50 for the recovery and tow
$10 per day for the first 3 days
$12 per day for the 4th and after days

so as of today, i technically owe NYC - $1904

bahahahha, either local PD pays it or NYC can keep the fucking car... bastards...

1900 dollars wtf...

and thats if they still have it
they have auctions or crush recovered cars if they are not claimed after the owner is mailed a letter...

i hope they still have the car :(

so the local PD apparently called my cell phone when i was out of the office today...

when she called my cell phone she heard my greeting message of stifler saying, "let me get you a spoon so you can eat my ass"

well, when she finally got in touch with me she told me she was very offended by my voice mail message and i should change it...
wtF?

So first they neglect to inform you of your recovered vehicle, and then they tell YOU what to do with YOUR PERSONAL greeting message on YOUR PERSONAL cell phone???

I hate new york.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 17 2005, 05:16 PM
so the local PD apparently called my cell phone when i was out of the office today...

when she called my cell phone she heard my greeting message of stifler saying, "let me get you a spoon so you can eat my ass"

well, when she finally got in touch with me she told me she was very offended by my voice mail message and i should change it...
wtF?
[post=475011]Quoted post[/post]​

that's great..

I have the greatest voicemail message in the history of the world. I think Mike's heard it.

:D

Back