stop thieves

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redef91

Purchased a brand spanking knew 2014 accord ex, i am now worried about thieves stealing my wheels considering every accord sport around my neighborhood has had there wheels taken. Do any of the honda kings have any suggestion on possible ideas how i can prevent them from taking my beautiful wheels. I have the honda wheel nut key but that did not prevent the theives from stealing all the accord sport wheel. really puzzled??????

There are options that will keep them from getting stolen and options that are realistic. Your best defense is to just have really good insurance. You will never be able to prevent them, just maybe slow them down.

1) Super sensitive alarm
2) 5 different locking lug nuts for each lug on the wheel
3) Garage it whenever possible
4) Use a cable lock around your wheels and attach to your control arms. (not ideal, but it will work)

Get rid of the Honda key. Most thieves will have a Honda key or a universal.

I agree with the locking lugs. It'll be a PITA having to use 5 different keys to change a flat though.

And keeping them with you whenever you drive somewhere. With that being said, locking lugs wont solve it completely. you just want your alarm to be loud enough to scare them off.

Get a torx in one of these.
tmp_15667-671-245381384614894.jpg
tmp_15667-dps_wheel_bolt-957778442.jpg

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I will take care of the situation in the most professional manner. 1 and 2 get Nick and take plenty of pictures with full coverage, only with insurance if someone steals them I'll still have to pay a deducible of 500

Yup, deductible sucks.

But OEM wheels are like 500 a pop, + tires... so you'll get a nice chunk and can get some aftermarkets and maybe even pocket cash out of the deal if they will give you a check instead of actually buying the replacement parts for you.

Buy some shit wheels and use those until the thieves slow down.

I lost the key to my locking nuts one time and just hammered a bigger socket on it to remove.

I have heard that there are only 5 or 6 patterns for locking lug nuts so there is a good chance they will have the keys.

I would research using locking nuts on each stud since you can not torque them down properly and some manufactures do not recommend more than one per wheel.

Yeah not too many patterns for locking lugs- if you're going to use them in every position there's not much point to using a different keyed set for every lug. I run all locks for my cars, but only 1 key pattern for each car. If you buy the right ones (I use Gorilla locks) you can torque them. Just don't let the numb nuts guy at the tire swap store spin your key with an impact trying to get it onto the lock. You'll kill your key...

Back