1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Units

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by swanny, Jul 19, 2004.

1. swanny

swanny Senior Member

Anyone know the cost per month of renting a space say, 5x5? or a 10x15? Im going to be moving to Pennsylvania at the end of the month and the apartment i'm moving into has its storage located in the basement, so putting my 1000+ lb. toolbox there is out of the question. Do the larger units have outlets or lights? I might try to make a makeshift shop in one if it's reasonable. Thanks for any input.

2. tab

tab Super Moderator

They start, around here at about $40 per month for a small one. I think 6x10 was about $47, and 10x10 was around $80. The size is very important. The spaces I'm speaking of had light, maybe an outlet, but no heat. A larger space might, but it wouldn't be worth working on a car in there. I'd rent a friends driveway first.

3. lowandslow

lowandslow Senior Member

yea, thats about the same prices for a storage unit around here too. the small ones are about 35, the bigger ones like 60-75 bucks

theyre a fucking ripoff if u ask me, thats way too much money a month

4. swanny

swanny Senior Member

They just got back to me and a 5x5x10 stall is $44 a month, which isn’t great. I'm hoping I can find a farmer with a barn for less or figure out how to store a vehicle vertically =)

5. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Storage Bins are a vicious cycle, and I would suggest you start smoking before getting a storage bin. Those people get your shit, and hold it ransom.

-> Steve

Un-told price increases, Bill descrepancies, The list goes on. Avoid that at all costs.

6. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

My 10'x20' Cost me $89/Month. I have my CRX, 1 LS Block, 1 D16A1 Block, my old dash a blown tire and some other odd ball shit in there.

The best thing about it... I dont have to travel a billion miles to go to my unit...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted