Storing My Rex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I will be letting my CRX sit for most of the winter. When I have a little time I will try to sort out the emissions problem but it will basically stay sitting in one spot for quite a few months. The e brake already needs to be fixed. What should I do to save the tires. I was thinking of putting 50 PSI in the tires, put in some fuel stabilizer and spraing some WD40 on the wiring under the hood. It will be in covered parking at my apartment building but the back is not a full wall so there is a fence that will let in the elements. Any ideas will be appreciated.

as long as it wont be for longer than 6 months i would just put a car cover on it, maybe start it up once a week or so just so fluids move and keep your vacuum hoses from getting hard as hell. when i stored my hatch i left it in my back yard for 6+ months and the only problem was the vacuum hoses got hard and burst under the pressure.

if you are concerned about the tires, you could raise the vehicle and set the suspension on cinder blocks. But if it is only for 6 months, I would just put more air in the tires.

PS
don't forget to disconnect your negative battery terminal

mothballs in the engine bay, use some sort of silicone on your hoses and disconnect your battery. i would also reccomend starting it up when possible, adding fuel stabilizer and leave as little fuel in the tank. WD-40 the seams at the bottoms of your doors to prevent rust.

Thanks guys. The silicone for the hoses is a good idea that I didn't even think of. I wanna do a couple things on it today since I got home early from work. I also have water on the drivers side floor any well known areas for leaks? Do the drains for the sunroof get clogged? I would like to get it dried out so I don't rot through the floor.

Back