straight pipe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chacal06

hey i had a question is there any difference in buying a brand name straight pipe or a no name brand pipe from any muffler shop ? is it the same or is there a difference other then the brand :confused:

eh. not much that you'll be able to tell in a honda.
the quality is probably a bit better. better metals, and much better welds.

dont, for the love of god, allow somebody to cut the cat flanges off and weld in pipe. if you are going to do a straight pipe then get one thats a bolt in replacement of the cat. that way, when you get busted you can easily put it back before you get charged with a felony.

oh ok i actually thought it gave it some extra power but if not ill just do the muffler shop well thanks for ur knowledge...wow a felony really is it that bad ?

lol, you'll never actually notice the small amount of power it frees up.
it will give you slightly better fuel economy though.

and i doubt anybody has actually been charged with a felony for this. but, you could be. the emissions systems are federally mandated.

its like putting on a cold air intake. you'll never actually feel the 5-ish hp it gives you.

oh shit. lol. i didnt even notice that he is in cali.
good call.

yeah, you def dont want to be riding with no cat in cali.

I ride with no cat with no problems. But I use a stock like muffler.

Theres honestly not much of a reason to straight pipe unless you are making decent power and the restriction frok the cat seems to be holding you back.

unless you REALLY want your exhaust to smell like rotted ass and sound raspier

Back