Strange PArts.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91_Accord_Ex

88_CRX_DX
Hey guys new to this side of the forum. I just bout an 88 dx and i am just a little confused about some parts in the car. I previously owned a 91 hf and when i removed the spare wheel cover the "tool box" came with it but when i tried to remove this one the was a long metal piece holding it in. I was wondering what that was for. I can get pics if you are confused. Also i was wondering about the car bra that came with the car, it has CRX embossed into it and i was wondering if it was jdm or just something aftermarket or if it could have come from factory. Thanks. (pics posted soon)

Not mycar but thats the bra.

1144810276_l.jpg

Nah i just bought a crx and the bra came with it and i was just wondering what kind it was it has no tags on it or anythin.

Funny... yeah but i was wonderin if there was any others out there b/c the lettering has come off and now its oly embossed.

Take it to an upholstery shop, they can sew letters onto it. Or buy a new one.

ok do you think there are any more around i wouldnt have to get from dealer? I am not looking to spend all kinds of money. Also what do you think its worth? Cause i drove to the market the other day and someone said they wanted to buy it off me.

What it's worth is however much he's willing to pay. Ask for what they cost new minus about 30-40 bucks and see if he talks you down a little from there. Throw on your yamukah and haggle bro.

you can get a LeBra one off ebay for like $25...the OEM ones only come from the dealer or used on ebay/at a junkyard

they aren't that rare...3 or 4 of my EF's had them when I bought them

O i just thought they we're rare cause ive never seen one with crx inscribed into it. Also on the efs is there civic on them?

For future reference...EF can be either a Civic or CRX chassis code:

hassis Motor Origin Year Vehicle
4G (1988-1991)
ED3 1.5L USDM All 4-door DX/LX
ED4 1.6L USDM All 4-door EX
ED6 1.5L USDM All 3-door Standard
ED7 1.6L USDM All 3-door Si
ED8 1.5L USDM All CRX standard / HF
ED9 1.6L USDM All CRX Si
EE2 1.5L USDM All Wagon
EE4 1.6L USDM All Wagon 4WD
EE8 B16A EDM All Civic VTi
EF1 D13B JDM All Civic 3-door/4-door
EF2 D15B JDM All Civic 3-door/4-door
EF3 ZC JDM All Civic Si 3-door/Civic Si Extra 3-door
EF5 ? JDM All Civic 4-door 4wd
EF6 D15B JDM All Civic ? / CR-X
EF7 ZC JDM All Civic ? / CR-X Si
EF8 B16A JDM All CR-X SiR
EF9 B16A JDM All Civic SiR

but, yes, the Civic ones said "civic" on them
-but I meant I had a few CRX ones

Thanks i was a little confuse about the body codes. The other thing is where is the vin located on the engine. The previous owner of my rex said he swithed the motor out but idk.

Also do you have any parts left over from ure crx's i need an exhaust. And any thing else that might benifit my car. Thanks im in east greenwich .

Back