Strange problem w/ coilover setup.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

liquid00meth

Right now I've got some run of the mill sleeve coilovers (450/350) and a set of tokico blues. I'm having kind of a strange issue with the setup.

In the front, my coilovers are adjusted, I'd say, 3/4 to an inch different from each other. The strange thing is, the one adjusted low, the car sits higher, and the one adjusted high, the car sits lower. (driver side is low, passanger high). It's really kind of bugging me since I'm losing more strut travel than I need to, and the car is still high on that side. The only thing I can think of that would have this affect is the mounting point on the damper fork, but the struts seem to sit equally on both - they are certainly not off by an inch.

edit: I think it just could be because the engine weight is biased towards the drivers side.

any ideas?

Never heard of that happening... could be something wrong with the shocks or springs. I have tokico blues and coilovers and they adjusted up just fine.

im thinking you might have one of the rear springs in the front.

Or the spring isnt seated right in the perch...

What brand are they, if they are cheapo could also be some shitty manufacturing.

I definitley double checked the part numbers on the springs, but I guess I will check again.

Back