Strange problem with 1.5 dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brentb

I have a 91 civic with a 1.5. it is a newly rebuilt engine and has ran flawlessly. However lately it has a bad stumble while driving the comes on when the engine around 2000 rpms. It goes away at light throttle but comes on when the throttle is depressed past 1/2 inch and won't clean up till upper rpms. ( on a guess 4000 rpms and up is good. any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Brent

BTW I have a brand new cable activated si trans to put in it. It has a 4 speed in it now and I want to switch to the 5 speed. do I need to change the axles on the 91 modle to change to the new trans? Thanks

Ignition? Bad ECU? It could be just about anything.... I would start off by checking your plugs and wires first, then your distributor cap- those are cheap items and can be replaced easily if bad- and they just might be the source of your problem. Give that a shot first. If it doesn't fix it, at least you've ruled out one set of causes.

Back