1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange problem with 1.5 dx

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by brentb, Feb 7, 2005.

1. brentb

brentb Junior Member

I have a 91 civic with a 1.5. it is a newly rebuilt engine and has ran flawlessly. However lately it has a bad stumble while driving the comes on when the engine around 2000 rpms. It goes away at light throttle but comes on when the throttle is depressed past 1/2 inch and won't clean up till upper rpms. ( on a guess 4000 rpms and up is good. any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Brent

BTW I have a brand new cable activated si trans to put in it. It has a 4 speed in it now and I want to switch to the 5 speed. do I need to change the axles on the 91 modle to change to the new trans? Thanks

2. brentb

brentb Junior Member

what?? no honda techs in here?

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Ignition? Bad ECU? It could be just about anything.... I would start off by checking your plugs and wires first, then your distributor cap- those are cheap items and can be replaced easily if bad- and they just might be the source of your problem. Give that a shot first. If it doesn't fix it, at least you've ruled out one set of causes.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted