Strange Question Coming....

Do you think it's alright to eat fruit that's in an un-opened plastic container that says &q

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's okay, but not recomended.

• See you in the hospit

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it will probably be better if it was a glass jar.

you will probably just get a stomach ach and have the worst explosive diareha ever.

It should be alright but I wouldnt eat it. There was a guy on honda-tech that drank like a 2-3 year-old can of mountain dew and he had no adverse effects from what I remember. So if it was canned properly, go for it and post the results.

Originally posted by trappd-in-859@Sep 4 2005, 04:12 PM
It should be alright but I wouldnt eat it. There was a guy on honda-tech that drank like a 2-3 year-old can of mountain dew and he had no adverse effects from what I remember. So if it was canned properly, go for it and post the results.
[post=549571]Quoted post[/post]​

I would say this is not a fair comparison. On the one hand we are talking about fruit and on the other we are talking about, basically, sugar-water that was sealed under 5 or more atm's of pressure.

I wouldn't eat them shits man. Unless it's a dare and ya wanna be Billy Badass. I say this because I know botulism can kill ya and you usually have no idea the bacteria is there. I once ate an Arbys Beef and Cheddar that sat in my glove compartment for 3-4 days because my room-mate said I wouldn't. It didn't taste bad and I didn't get sick.

Chances of gettign botulism are slim to none with about forty cases a year. Manufacturers have a nice safety net on teh expiration date, they are 99.999999% perfectly safe, and will taste as good as the day they were packaged.

So what the hell? Did you eat em or not?? did your ass explode?

the dates thatis on food products is a date that has to be put on the containers (goverment regulations) it is a date that is pushed from a year to 5 years for shelf life from when it was packaged

I know I used to work at different food packing plants

open up the peaches and smell them if they smell funny dont eat them, if they smell ok then taste them

i ate like half the jar that night.... they tasted good..... i had a couple of "rough movements" the next day, but that coulda been from the burger i ate (my roommate cooked them, but i'm pretty sure they were sitting open in the frig for like 3 weeks). actually, i was eating the peaches like 2 min after i posted this poll.

Back