strange swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18c5crxtasy

alright my car is going to be out of commission for a bit while i do my own swap and gut the interior a bit....sux....but my friend has a 1988 civic four door that's having cylinder compression issues (runs but blows smoke bad and hesitates). he offered me 500 for my d16a6 (well used) that i'm getting rid of anyway. he'll pay 1000 for a shop to fix his and i told him if he paid me i'd do water pump and timing belt for the cost of those parts and he's got an engine good to go for a long time. i know the mounts and wiring harness are the similar if not identical so it should be an easy drop in....i believe he has mpfi so that's cool too. i am curious if the 4-door auto tranny will bolt up to my d16 and if so will his adapter plate and everything bolt on in place of my flywheel okay?

also if you can think of any impediments i haven't thought of let me know.

I'm pretty sure your going to have to re-use his auto flywheel.

As long as its MPFI, your good to go on the long block swap as far as I can tell.

Were swapping a ZC into my RT4WD next month. My D16A6 is on its last leg as well. Should be a fun swap. I'll post plenty of pics.

well of course tensioner....i found there are some good auctions on ebay for a combo kit of water pump, timing belt, and tensioner for like 80-90 bux depending on your ride. i know i'll have to swap my flywheel for his auto flywheel plate i was just making sure my engine mated with that auto tranny okay since the crx si's never came auto.

YES you can.

its a Flexplate not auto flywheel...

go to prostreetonline for the timgin belt water pump tensioner combo..

I bought a alternator from Mr. Alternator for my `92 civic when I used to do stereo stuff. They had a 120amp one on there at the time.

yeah i got one for 35 from the junkyard to tide me over till i switch to b18....then i'm buying a lifetime stock alternator from napa and i'll replace it when it dies.

sorry never knew what that flexplate was called, i only take them off and throw them away generally. :)

Back