Street Fighter 4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if you play a decent amount of fighting games or play the arcades (if you even have those arond you anymore), then yes. the combos come out easier as well special moves. but you have to get a quality one that is heafty and responsive.

the best sticks for the ps3 right now are the street fighter 4 tournament edition and then the hori real arcade pro 3. both are sold out and selling for well over $150. you can get other sticks but they are not as responive and most likely end up modding them to get quality feel.

I'm used to the normal controllers for games like SF, but my bf has arcade games (neo-geo, pacman, & pinball) at his house. He was telling me how much better the arcade controllers are for playing fighting games with. His birthday is coming up and I was thinking about trying to get him the controller/game for his bday.

it really is a that much better with a quality stick. but good luck in finding them because they have been sold out for a couple months now. but heres a break-down in terms of quality if youre able to land one:

-Street Fighter 4 Tournament Editon
-Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 (EX2 for 360)
-Street Fighter 4 Standard Edition

All other sticks are not worth it unless he is willing to mod it. Also there are two types of stick, the above mentioned are japanese style ball tops. the other style is the american bat stick seen in most american arcades.

i would suggest calling all your local game stops to see if by slim chance someone didnt want their preorder sticks anymore. the other is check out Shoryuken on their forum sales or ask to see if someoen will sell. and unlikely craigslist. fleabay is charging over 200 for them and i dont think its worth it. lastly, if you cant get your hands on any of those, check shoryuken.com to see if someone is custom making sticks. they will hack a regular controller and put arcade parts in it. around $100-140 usually.

it really is a that much better with a quality stick. but good luck in finding them because they have been sold out for a couple months now. but heres a break-down in terms of quality if youre able to land one:

-Street Fighter 4 Tournament Editon
-Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 (EX2 for 360)
-Street Fighter 4 Standard Edition

All other sticks are not worth it unless he is willing to mod it. Also there are two types of stick, the above mentioned are japanese style ball tops. the other style is the american bat stick seen in most american arcades.

i would suggest calling all your local game stops to see if by slim chance someone didnt want their preorder sticks anymore. the other is check out Shoryuken on their forum sales or ask to see if someoen will sell. and unlikely craigslist. fleabay is charging over 200 for them and i dont think its worth it. lastly, if you cant get your hands on any of those, check shoryuken.com to see if someone is custom making sticks. they will hack a regular controller and put arcade parts in it. around $100-140 usually.

Wow... I can't believe they're that much for them. I found the Hori one when I did a basic google search for them... I'll have to nonchalantly ask him about the sticks to see which one he would want and why. Maybe I'll be able to find something for him since I know he would truly get full usage out of it.

Thanks for the info!

the basic ones start out around 50-60 but theyre not as responsive and light. imo, not worth getting because you'll just be frustrated that non of the directions or moves are coming out. but like i said, its pretty exspnesive unless you play a lot of fighting games.

Back