Street Tuner Challenage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My point is, with tuning/the right driver, its a comparable car

How unfair could a competition possibly be? The jetta's horsepower is 200 with nitrous. Had they gotten a 1.8t jetta and used nitrous, they would have been at or over 200whp no problem. Shit had they taken the 1.8t motor and went stage 4 they would have been laying down 400-500hp without much work at all. Let alone if they had used the r32 powerplant.

Quoted post[/post]]
Actually no it woulnd't ..while fast as fuck...its best time was a 9.68 at 151.7 mph and a 0-60 in 2.99 seconds
the 200 less Hp vette ran 9.24 at 150.27 MPh and 0-60 in 1.9 seconds
:werd: There was this old guy at a car show in baltimore last year who had a twin turbo automatic Lingenfelter corvette who ran consistant 8.64's. The were actuallly 2 of them, the other has a jewmoungus shot of nitrious but no time slip available. There were part of this national corvette club and honestly in there late 60's in age i bet.

Speaking of Callaway, the Zonker is for sale...

Zonker Ad

DSCF0656.jpg

DSCF0661.jpg

For those who don't know, the Zonker is the one and only factory turbo AWD Gti ever produced.

No, they can't. Ford has a kick ass webpage, and can't develop a basic car :)

Which would you rather go for ?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I wonder what Lingenfelter could do with a honda? hehehe lol

Look at it for awhile... possibly poke it with a stick. :laugh:

He could lay in it.. and stink it up.... That bastard has been dead a while.

But I do hold him in the highest respect, he did things right..

Twin turbo vettes that you really couldn't tell, unless you could see the extra 1/4 inch in hood height. No badges unless you requested them. He even made the corvette motor plastics as stock looking as possible, and extended them to hide the turbos..

He was the man.

That's ill. I was at Bandimere the other weekend, and they had this Vette running like 9.2's all over the place. They also had a dragster-style one where it looked like they cut the top of it off just above the headlights and taillights. That fucker was fast too, 8.6's or so, but it was a dragster.

pretty pimp with stupid heatsoak and not enough airflow (that scoop is pretty small). plus the fact tat you need to take it off everytime to change the oil (probably) and change spark plugs, its a hassle.

they posted the numbers last night
Cobalt 231 hp
Jetta 198 hp
skyline 801 hp

They were close to that. i might be a couple off. All the cars sucked in the race though. I dont know if that was the season finale or if there are more shows

something happened. THey ran two sets of three laps. The first time the skyline fuel was sloshing side to side and with the tank as low as they had it the motor would starve and cut out. the next time something with a wheel bearing was causing the driver to brake early and then the rear diff locked up and that was it.

Back