Streetbikes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Hey since my CRX is gone, i dont really want another one, cuz that shit will just get jacked again. i would get something newer, but the only Hondas i like are the CRX and Hatches. both will get jacked quick here in San Diego.

I think i want a streetbike but i've never had one before, so anyone know a good one to start on??? Yes i know this is HONDAswp, but they make bikes too so, :moon: .

I figue i could pick one up for a couple grand, doesn't have to be new. A guy at my work said he has a GSXR600 and its badass, but i dont really care as long as it is easy to learn on and still has some power.

owning JUST a bike is a bad idea. you can't ever bring shit with you, you can't (comfortably) ride when the weather is foul, and overall, they aren't that comfortable for a long trek. id get a car over a bike, unless you have some other car that you aren't telling us about...

Get a Kawasaki EX250 or EX500. If anyone tries to tell you these bikes are for pussies, kick 'em in the balls and call them an ethnic slur that doesn't match their race.

The 250 will run low 14's out of the box. Not FAST, but faster than 90% of the cars out there. The 500 will be faster.

You don't need a 600 or up. Generally, keep your first bike under 70 HP and you'll be fine.

BUY THE PROPER RIDING GEAR. You're a dickhead if you don't.

Hayabusa all the way. a simple shot of 75 hp n2o and a hayabusa can and will run a 9.0 second quarter mile. Those things are friggen fast as hell. :eek:

for a beginner and anyone who wants to start, get a ninja 250. You might not be the reason its laid over, but the traffic around you. Ppl dont see bikes b/c they are so small. Just get something small so that you can control it better with suv's and huge cars around you, then step up.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Aug 25 2003, 09:20 AM
for a beginner and anyone who wants to start, get a ninja 250. You might not be the reason its laid over, but the traffic around you. Ppl dont see bikes b/c they are so small. Just get something small so that you can control it better with suv's and huge cars around you, then step up.

:withstupid:

you will want to upgrade in 6 months. perfect amount of time to hang with other bikers and see what bike fits you best.

example> where you live. do you want a 200 mph bike. better have some long strait roads.

or maybe a r6, very nimble.
also how big are you?

all the bikes out hall so much ass. its more what size fits you and your riding location.

i have owned many sport bikes and drove very aggressively. my favorite to date was still my old Ninja 1995 zx6R NOT THE E MODEL :thumbsdown:

you can pic that bike up cheap and what a great bike. it was the first 600 to break 11's
stock when it was released. it does allot better then that when you upgrade it a little.

i've always been a strong supporter of the Honda CBR series. I think the CBR600 is the best all around bike...it's quick enough to get you around town, it handles real nice, it has a comfortable seat and a comfortable seating position and you wont get rid of it for a little while.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 25 2003, 01:53 AM
owning JUST a bike is a bad idea. you can't ever bring shit with you, you can't (comfortably) ride when the weather is foul, and overall, they aren't that comfortable for a long trek. id get a car over a bike, unless you have some other car that you aren't telling us about...

oh yeah...and i'm with B on this one...i got my first bike before i had a car and i had to ride it around for an entire year before i got a car.

-it sucks ass on those cold ass winter nights and especially when it rained.
-you can't really take people with you.
-some girls don't like riding on the back of bikes( the girl i was dating before was scared to death of them and would never get on with me)
-no cargo space(you can't take shit with you)
-if you put gel in your hair to style it you're gonna be assed-out

get a car before you get a bike as your only source of transporation

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Aug 25 2003, 07:33 AM
Hayabusa all the way. a simple shot of 75 hp n2o and a hayabusa can and will run a 9.0 second quarter mile. Those things are friggen fast as hell. :eek:

I'm gonna have to go with turboed on this one, sleeper. You can always slap on some Nitrous later. As if you'd need too, unless of corse your looking for a quick ride to 6ft under

my friend and i are both getting cbr600 blackbrids.
so we can roll around like ninjas with black leather trenchcoats flapping in the wind :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Originally posted by djyox@Aug 25 2003, 08:42 PM
As if you'd need too, unless of corse your looking for a quick ride to 6ft under

Yeah, but it'd still be fun to know you can tear apart even Vipers & other crazy ass expensive as hell cars on a street bike.

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Aug 25 2003, 06:13 PM-->
@Aug 25 2003, 08:42 PM
As if you'd need too, unless of corse your looking for a quick ride to 6ft under

Yeah, but it'd still be fun to know you can tear apart even Vipers & other crazy ass expensive as hell cars on a street bike.

lol, common knowledge: DONT race a bike, because 99.9% of the time you're gonna get your ass handed to you

Originally posted by silver+Aug 25 2003, 11:20 PM-->
Originally posted by sleepergtx@Aug 25 2003, 06:13 PM
djyox
@Aug 25 2003, 08:42 PM

lol, common knowledge: DONT race a bike, because 99.9% of the time you're gonna get your ass handed to you

Even if you have a 10 second Viper, Mustang, Supra, RX7, or Corvette? Not all bikes are THAT fast. ;)

Originally posted by silver@Aug 25 2003, 11:47 PM
how many people have a 10 second car they drive around every day though?

More people than you may think.

I don't know how many Z06s, SVTs and built Camaro SS's I see on a daily basis riding around in my town...granted they're like 11s and 12s, but still you get my point. I'm outside on the road quite a bit though so I probably see more than some.

Good street bike to start out on would be a suzuki gsxr 600.. not too powerfull but can still haul ass... honda cbr's are good too.. f4's are better than the r's. yamaha r6's are good too.. if you are starting out definatly get a 600 or lower. Or get a hayabausa lol.. be sure it is a 99 or older though.. they are faster than the 2000 + .. 99's go 85 in first gear :eek: and they top out at 222 mph.. pretty damn fast for a motorcycle

I've seen an 02 WS6 out run a suzuki gsxr 1000 to 140 mph when they came up on traffic and both slowed down.

It's a pretty good video and I couldn't believe the WS6 actually gained from the bike.

ive seen a video of a WS6 getting out ran by scooter that had nitrous..so whats your point James?? hehe

Back