Streisand effect

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
The streisand effect has been in full force today.

Apparently some english soccer player is suing twitter because he doesnt want the details of an affair getting published.

Sunday Herald publishes barely concealed picture of 'injunction footballer' | Mail Online

Attempts to gag discussion of his alleged extramarital affair with Miss Thomas appear doomed to failure after the total of messages about the star posted on Twitter hit 30,000.
Within 24 hours of the player launching the new challenge, more than 12,000 tweets about him and the relationship appeared on the site.

I never would have known who either of these people were, but because of the streisand effect, I now do. Apparently nothing secret will ever remain secret for long, unless you are the government, or the owners of various publishing medium.

attachment.php

Streisand effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wikipedia said:
The Streisand effect is a primarily online phenomenon in which an attempt to hide or remove a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely. It is named after American entertainer Barbra Streisand, whose attempt in 2003 to suppress photographs of her residence inadvertently generated further publicity.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-23 at 10.32.38 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-23 at 10.32.38 AM.png
    30 KB · Views: 367
"Shit! This can't get out, too many people know already!"

"But Sir... it's on the Internet."

"Then sue the Internet!"

Back