Stress

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

totalburnout

VIP
Wow I'm just going to rant like a little bitch right now because it'll make me feel good for two seconds.

Life fucking sucks.

I get up,shower, and make a healthy breakfast that I try to jam down my throat as fast as I can so I'm not late to school. I get to class and its just a fucking waste. I know 99% of the shit already and its just reviewing this stuff. My only decent class in my Psychology class that I get to have an open debate in and that basically everyone will listen and value what everyone else has to say.

I go home and have lunch and then either head back to school or to the gym.

Bust my ass in the gym for an hour and a half two hours.

Come home, eat whatever healthy stuff I can for dinner quickly and rush off to work. I haven't had dinner with my family in forever.

Go to work for a few hours, half the time I'm working and have school work to work on at work as well.

Go home at 10:30, fall asleep and start the whole shitty cycle over again.

Tonight I have to give a fucking 20 minute presentation for a Honors History seminar to some son of a bitch teacher that I used to value his opinion, now I think he's a complete fucking asshole who only wishes to make himself look great. I've been working on this fucking thing for I dont know how long now. And was to the library 4 times in the past 3 days, thats more than like my entire fucking lifetime.

If i'm not stressed out enough my fucking girlfriend just has to keep pushing and poking and prodding and fucking handing me out some shit. I dont need it right now but god damnit can she sure give it if she isnt getting what she wants or I said the wrong thing...and we've been together like 2 years now.

When I'm done with this speach tonight, I have to start everything fucking over and prepare for another 20min speach, write a 7 page paper, write a 11 page paper, and study for an accounting test.

I'm only 20 and already can't stand the 'adult' world and all the bullshit that comes with it. I just want a fucking job that I like and to get the hell out of school and the whole homework thing. I love learning but I hate the bullshit some classes put you through.

fuck this right now. :fuckyou2: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Nov 9 2004, 10:49 AM
Wow I'm just going to rant like a little bitch right now because it'll make me feel good for two seconds.

Life fucking sucks.

I get up,shower, and make a healthy breakfast that I try to jam down my throat as fast as I can so I'm not late to school. I get to class and its just a fucking waste. I know 99% of the shit already and its just reviewing this stuff. My only decent class in my Psychology class that I get to have an open debate in and that basically everyone will listen and value what everyone else has to say.

I go home and have lunch and then either head back to school or to the gym.

Bust my ass in the gym for an hour and a half two hours.

Come home, eat whatever healthy stuff I can for dinner quickly and rush off to work. I haven't had dinner with my family in forever.

Go to work for a few hours, half the time I'm working and have school work to work on at work as well.

Go home at 10:30, fall asleep and start the whole shitty cycle over again.

Tonight I have to give a fucking 20 minute presentation for a Honors History seminar to some son of a bitch teacher that I used to value his opinion, now I think he's a complete fucking asshole who only wishes to make himself look great. I've been working on this fucking thing for I dont know how long now. And was to the library 4 times in the past 3 days, thats more than like my entire fucking lifetime.

If i'm not stressed out enough my fucking girlfriend just has to keep pushing and poking and prodding and fucking handing me out some shit. I dont need it right now but god damnit can she sure give it if she isnt getting what she wants or I said the wrong thing...and we've been together like 2 years now.

When I'm done with this speach tonight, I have to start everything fucking over and prepare for another 20min speach, write a 7 page paper, write a 11 page paper, and study for an accounting test.

I'm only 20 and already can't stand the 'adult' world and all the bullshit that comes with it. I just want a fucking job that I like and to get the hell out of school and the whole homework thing. I love learning but I hate the bullshit some classes put you through.

fuck this right now. :fuckyou2: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:
[post=414281]Quoted post[/post]​

If you're still in school, you haven't hit the adult world yet. In the adult world, the only bullshit is the bullshit you make for yourself.
I'd like to say that from your posts about politics and such, you are the quite an intelligent fellow.
What is it that you're going to school for?

yesterday, my 20 min presentation turned into a 35-40 min one, complete with video clips to show how Robert E Lee was such a great leader, blah blah blah. it was for leadership class. last week i stayed up 48 hours straight with school, homework, work, then 2 all nighters to complete my marketing plan for marketing class and another paper for business.

my girlfriend is the greatest girl ever! me have never fought, and she rarely has mood swings. she understands that sometimes i need my space, and gives it to me, and i love her to death for it. :p :p :p :p

What accounting class are you taking? If so, I've got the working papers from my college accounting class saved, if you want them. I made a 98%.

:D

If you're still in school, you haven't hit the adult world yet. In the adult world, the only bullshit is the bullshit you make for yourself.
I'd like to say that from your posts about politics and such, you are the quite an intelligent fellow.
What is it that you're going to school for?
[post=414287]Quoted post[/post]​

Haha I'm such a cop out :ph34r:. Business administration and after taking my second or third psych class, I'm pretty sure I'm going to minor in psych and see where that brings me.

i can pretty much sell or market anything and thats always been my nichè. In high school i went on DECA National business trips twice, and went to state trips three times. I wasn't in the club my freshman year. DECA = distributive education club of america. when you get up into the national level you can get some pretty hardcore connections because major businesses come to the conferences and competitions. i never studied for that shit tho, its just going on what my parents and environment has given me

my problem with school is that its always been cake for me and I dont know how to study. now when i do have to study because its just so much to remember in a short period of time it sucks ass.

Originally posted by Callidus@Nov 9 2004, 01:57 PM
yesterday, my 20 min presentation turned into a 35-40 min one, complete with video clips to show how Robert E Lee was such a great leader, blah blah blah. it was for leadership class. last week i stayed up 48 hours straight with school, homework, work, then 2 all nighters to complete my marketing plan for marketing class and another paper for business.

my girlfriend is the greatest girl ever! me have never fought, and she rarely has mood swings. she understands that sometimes i need my space, and gives it to me, and i love her to death for it. :p :p :p :p
[post=414288]Quoted post[/post]​

I have to give the speach at 6:30 tonight. This guy is well traveled and a genius as a scholar so I'm hoping I'm not going to get grilled too hard. The problem that I'm having is that my course is on the ancient world...the dark ages. Its known as the dark ages because theres only about 1200 documents that have survived from it, so getting primary sources written from the time is a bitch.

Here's my abstract thats a work in progress.

Abstract

This study will examine the life of Temujin [more commonly known as “Genghis Khan” or “Chingis Khan” (c. 1155-1227 C.E.)], and the immediate role religion and law had on his greatness. Beginning at birth to Yesugei and Hoelun, Genghis Khan clutched in his fist a small lump of blood the size of a knucklebone. From this point forward Genghis Khan’s life never encountered a dull spot. Quickly ascending the ranks in Mongol society, Genghis Khan’s quest to the top of the social ladder was not without hitch. As a Chieftain, Genghis Khan suffered defeat by other local Chieftains. After proving to be determined and un-relentless, Genghis Khan gained phenomenal success and contributed to the world greatly. He developed a set of laws and code of moral conduct that would be passed down from generation to generation. Uniquely he promoted religious tolerance and acceptance unlike any others of his time. Ruling with the word of God behind him, Genghis Khan built an empire that would not soon be forgotten. After his death in 1227, his sons continued on his quest to rule the world.

Originally posted by civicious@Nov 9 2004, 01:59 PM
What accounting class are you taking? If so, I've got the working papers from my college accounting class saved, if you want them. I made a 98%.

[post=414290]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not into the whole math and finnacial aspect of business so I put it off, I'm only in a basic Accounting test. I thought I nailed the first test and knew everything and came back with like a 78. I'm such a moron, I just made every answer fit in my head and didnt give him what he actually wanted.

sounds like a great start.

my professor is the retired assistant director of the FBI. he knows EVERYTHING there is to know about Robert E Lee. he's his role model. but he really enjoyed our presentation (it was a goup thing, but we each had A LOT of work to do) and we got an A on it.

Originally posted by Callidus@Nov 9 2004, 02:08 PM
sounds like a great start.

my professor is the retired assistant director of the FBI. he knows EVERYTHING there is to know about Robert E Lee. he's his role model. but he really enjoyed our presentation (it was a goup thing, but we each had A LOT of work to do) and we got an A on it.
[post=414302]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats good stuff.

He told this one girl who researched for 24 hours and gave an awesome presentation, it was actually 45minutes not 20minutes that she was too 'ambitious'. I mean this was amazing. He's told everyone of my other classmates that have gone that they were too ambitious so I'm just trying to focus on only one thing...two actually...religion and law. If I fill up the 20mins great, if I dont whatever. I'm sure I'll fill it up when people ask me questions at the end, anyway.

nice job with the A. only one person in my class has gotten an A so far. I'm hoping for a B+ and I'll be happy.

Originally posted by civicious@Nov 9 2004, 02:07 PM
oh....well...uh....

fine then. be that way. bish.

[post=414300]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey, I wish I could use them. You better keep those tucked away if I need them for another class.

Are they just like papers written on it, or journal enteries?

its saved in my e-mail...couplea friends of mine used them last year. its all in regular text format, hard to describe how it is, but when you look at it it's self-explanatory. pretty much goes row by row for the journal entries.

edit: also, there are 3 separate files, one file per booklet

Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Nov 9 2004, 12:56 PM

:werd:

Not to belittle the current stresses at all, they're all quite real. But just wait till you've got to pay your mortgage, keep your lights on, mow your lawn and feed your children. Screw up now and you don't get a degree. Screw up then and you and your children don't have anything to eat or a place to live. :eek:

THAT'S real world stress. :D

Originally posted by civicious@Nov 9 2004, 02:14 PM
its saved in my e-mail...couplea friends of mine used them last year. its all in regular text format, hard to describe how it is, but when you look at it it's self-explanatory. pretty much goes row by row for the journal entries.

edit: also, there are 3 separate files, one file per booklet
[post=414308]Quoted post[/post]​

hmmm, i got gmail....hit me up please.

ian.ack@gmail.com

i'll send them tonite as soon as I get off work

Originally posted by DarkHand+Nov 9 2004, 02:15 PM-->
Kcihcaton
@Nov 9 2004, 12:56 PM

:werd:

Not to belittle the current stresses at all, they're all quite real. But just wait till you've got to pay your mortgage, keep your lights on, mow your lawn and feed your children. Screw up now and you don't get a degree. Screw up then and you and your children don't have anything to eat or a place to live. :eek:

THAT'S real world stress. :D
[post=414311]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd actually prefer that right now I think because thats all within my control. I wish I didnt have to have a piece of paper to tell society that I was dedicated for four years to something that I probably won't use when I actually get into the real workplace and just went on my natural intelligence.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Nov 9 2004, 02:17 PM
I'd actually prefer that right now I think because thats all within my control. I wish I didnt have to have a piece of paper to tell society that I was dedicated for four years to something that I probably won't use when I actually get into the real workplace and just went on my natural intelligence.
[post=414315]Quoted post[/post]​

Get a Master's degree. That's what I'm going to do after college. Huge pay and benefit increases, if you can handle the extra ~2 years. For working out of my home making a more than comfortable 6-figure income, I think I will be able to handle it. International Business Bachelor's degree, Master's in something specialized, (I don't know what specialization yet)= international consulting. :D

Then just ditch the school thing and get into the work force. If you have half a brain and a little bit of an education you should be able to get a good job that you enjoy, that puts food on the table, and that has lots of room for growth.
Once you achieve piece and happiness, you realize how little having a huge bank account matters.

Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Nov 9 2004, 02:24 PM
Then just ditch the school thing and get into the work force. If you have half a brain and a little bit of an education you should be able to get a good job that you enjoy, that puts food on the table, and that has lots of room for growth.
Once you achieve piece and happiness, you realize how little having a huge bank account matters.
[post=414324]Quoted post[/post]​

That's very true. But with half of my family in Chile, SA, I would like to visit them and other countries occaisonally.

Back