stripped block?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jjraw85

one of my friends was wondering if there is any thing that could be done about a striped head botl hole (in the block)if any knows any thing please let me know :cry:

heli coil. I stipped a exhaust stud hole in my head, and i havent had any problems since i used a helicoil.

head bolt hole in the block huh. i dunno if that can be fixed. if it can it sure as hell wont be easy. the threads arent right at the surface, they are pretty deep in the block

yeah, didnt think about that. might wanna ask an engine builder strange things happen all the times when tearing down an engine. im sure if you talk to someone who has done it a lot they have come across it at least once.

Quoted post[/post]]
one of my friends was wondering if there is any thing that could be done about a striped head botl hole (in the block)if any knows any thing please let me know :cry:
Heli coil will never work. What you need is a expensive kit. But it is worth it. Exspecially if going turbo, I would do it even if it wasnt stripped. www.timesert.com It is the best tool ever. They make it for alot of cars so you will have to search for a little bit.

timeserts will never work for a head bolt thread. for a time sert you have to drill the hole out larger, then tap it, and thread in the insert. you have to overbore the hole a good amount larger. time serts are made for holes on the surface, not deep into the surface.

Have a machine shop weld the hole shut, then redrill and tap the hole for you.

that woud work, but how do you weld a hole shut thats 3 inches recessed into the block?

JB weld ftw!!

ps, to the topic starter, dont do this, im joking.

Back