stripped fluid checker on trans

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

teggyguy

high density foot.
Okay so a while back my homie and I were doing a complete fluid/brakes/valve lash for his car + an ac belt. W/e

Included in this fluid swap was. You guessed it a tranny fluid swap to help 3rd not be so sad.
So
We got it all done. And alas im doin his valve lash and all of a sudden i hear @#!% oh no $%@#n way thats $@@#ed up...blah blah blah. SO I look and ask wtf m8? He stripped the level check bolt (i forgot the right name) the big one you pull to check the tranny fluid level on a 5sp. not the fill. So now... his tranny leaks. basically it got cross threaded or stripped. The leak isn't horrid but well filling tranny fluid on a dc blows ass. Is there any way to fix this aside from a new trans?

Couldn't you put a new thread on it. I forget what this procedure is called, you like drill out the hole then put in something that adds new threads and just get a bigger bolt. Probably your cheapest bet.

Right, eastbxc! Drill and re-tap it, then use the proper-sized bolt (that would be a new one that you can get from whoever sells you the tap & handle), and don't ask your friend to install it!!! (Just joking at him). And no, that won't make any difference on filling it to the proper level.

dibble

Back