stroke kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

ok i was thinking about it, and i want more cc's aka more power really, so i was wondering if a stroke kit is worth the 1g or so. also let me see if i got this right. the stroke kit basically make the crank shaft travel longer so that means that the rods are shorter then stock and the crank is bigger then stock am i right?

Depends on the kit... Tech43's kit lets you use a stock LS crank and rods in the B16 block with a set of their custom pistons. If you're going to go through the trouble of a full rebuild with new bearings all around, it's a good route to take- but the cheaper path is to just get a B18.

so for the money it is better to get a b18 block and call it a day? also is it easy to find a b18c block i have not had any luck with that yet all i find is the ls block, but i have heard mixed stories about doing a lsvtec

I know this will spark controversy but get the Jdm b18c if you can. It has just as high compression as the US type R and you don't have to worry about oil lines, wich is a huge plus. a bolt in affair and no hassles. check H-T classified almost always someone is selling one. if you don't care about oil line do the b20z and use arp rod bolts. Calesta had his last 45,000 miles and that was only because he overrevved on a down shift and broke the ring lands.

Back