stroked b18c1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

getting a gsr soon ,very soon hopefully, i was wanting to stroke the motor to possibly a 2.0 liter, any thoughts on this has it been done where can i find decent stroker kits any tips ect ect

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Jan 4 2004, 04:31 AM
if you will stroke a B18c1 you'll lose RPM's

actually its just more stress, you can run a stroked motor at high rpm but you will need stronger rods.

the consept of stroking a motor is no deffrent then the v8 do... for the rpm rang it is going to vary on your set up but there are v8 car that are stroked that run all the way to 9000 to 12000 rpm.. make she the motor is balance tho that is the key to be able to rev your car at high rpm's.. :ph34r:
but if i am wrong on some of this please tell me

Originally posted by civicext@Jan 22 2004, 11:38 PM
but there are v8 car that are stroked that run all the way to 9000 to 12000 rpm..

HOLY SHIT! I had an 89 mustang and theres no way in hell i was taking that thing over 6500...much less to 9 grand...

i'm a firm believer that stroking is for your cock and sleeving/larger bore is for your motor.

You *can* rev a stroked b18c1 high, but the question is do you want to?

Yes there is an increase in piston sideloading, so wear is an issue.

Further, the stroke is going to alter the piston dwell time, essentially make it shorter. The result is going to shift the powerband down, so not only are you increasing wear by reving high you also are not going to be making power up high.

So sure you can rev your stroked motor high, there just isn't much reason too.

im also wanting to learn these things cause im dropping a gsr 91 dx hatch wats the diffrence from storking and boring out, and would yal suggest to bore it out and sleeve it?

im also wanting to learn these things cause im dropping a gsr 91 dx hatch wats the diffrence from storking and boring out, and would yal suggest to bore it out and sleeve it?

Dude did you not bother to look at the date of this thread?? O and don't thread jack, START YOUR OWN.

Mother fucker! I opened this thread cause it had a new post. I was hopin to gain some info by having a lil convo about stroked motors. Then I looked at the god damn date on the last (original) post.

Back