Stroker Kits For B16a?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'd say no. Only because it's built for a B16B. Even though the bore and stroke of the B16A and B16B are identical, there must be a problem somewhere other wise they would say that it'll fit and get more sales. You can get a Toda stroker kit for a B16A for like 2k.
Whenever you do something like a stroker kit, you will need, a much, much better valve train. New cams, valves, retainers, springs, cam gears, etc. I'd also improve my fuel delivery.

yeah, the b16a and b16b may seem similar but are actually from two completely different blocks.

the b16b is basically a destroked b18c5. its the 1.6 liter version of the integra type r motor. thats why the kit wont fit, the blocks have two different deck heights.

what is the other stroker kits(toda racing) for B16A?
can you tell the mild modifications(NA) for street use?

Eagle also has a stroker kit for B16A, probably a shyt load cheaper then TODA.

if you use a b17 crank then youll have to get some new rods too. you dont need to change all those stuff just because youre getting a stroker kit. i would rather keep the b16a's stroke how it is, mainly b/c of its geometry and its ability to rev high. if you just want a larger displacement, just get a b18c or use the b16 head on a ls/vtec engine. the hondas also come with strong cranks so i would hate to throw away a pretty good crank.

i just did some calculations for the b17 crank; youll also need a b17 rod or some other 131.87mm rods. so ill just be a b17. the r/s ratio is 1.62.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Mar 28 2003, 11:12 AM
Give that last post another try, I am not sure that is English.

i wanna know if someone else made stroker kits other than "toda racing" for B16A?

what is the common problems of making a Ls-vtec?

I think that Eagle makes a stroker kit for that engine, I don't know if it will just "drop" in.

The most common problem I have seen with an LSVTEC is the builder attempting to skimp. It leads to blown engines. Other than that I don't know of any problems.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Mar 28 2003, 03:47 PM
I think that Eagle makes a stroker kit for that engine, I don't know if it will just "drop" in.

The most common problem I have seen with an LSVTEC is the builder attempting to skimp. It leads to blown engines. Other than that I don't know of any problems.

do you know the web site of the firm called "Eagle" ?

Originally posted by disamis+Mar 28 2003, 04:01 PM-->
@Mar 28 2003, 03:47 PM

The most common problem I have seen with an LSVTEC is the builder attempting to skimp.  It leads to blown engines.  Other than that I don't know of any problems.

do you know the web site of the firm called "Eagle" ?

Eagle has been around for years and has been making rods for domestics for years and i dont think they have a website. Its not listed on any packaging of theirs and i can't find ti searching the web. www.theoldone.com Endyn deals with Eagle, maybe they can get you the info on their stroker kits.

If I still have the documentation that came with my rods I will post their phone number when I get home tonight.

Back