stroker kits

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Does anyone have a stroked b16a? if so, what kit and where did you get it. i am more interested in the 1.6 into a 1.9 or 2.0 stroker kit? so let me know

Originally posted by breakdancingbob@Jan 25 2005, 05:19 AM
Does anyone have a stroked b16a? if so, what kit and where did you get it. i am more interested in the 1.6 into a 1.9 or 2.0 stroker kit? so let me know
[post=451003]Quoted post[/post]​

I know Toda makes one. Its nice, but for 2.5k + install, i would rather just boost.

a friend of mine put a ls crank, aftermarket rods, and pistons in his b16. i'm not to sure how its working for him though.

Tech43 has a pretty nice kit- they allow you to use the stock LS crank and rods with a set of their custom pistons.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Jan 25 2005, 10:37 PM
crower, Toda as cash said makes one as well.
[post=451457]Quoted post[/post]​

That crower set is pretty nice, but still - 2.5k is too much.

If you really want to stroke ur motor, look into using an LS crank and such as Calesta suggested.

:werd: that's what I'm going to end up doing thanks to the advice of none other, Calesta.

:worthy:

Originally posted by formby@Jan 26 2005, 11:30 AM
just buy an ls block.....it will save you $$$
[post=451631]Quoted post[/post]​

word. stroker kits are a waste of cash, fuck up the oem geometry, and really don't give you that much more power.

Originally posted by breakdancingbob@Feb 1 2005, 11:21 PM
so do i use the whole bottom end. what from the ls block do i use or need. stock pistons and rods?
[post=454879]Quoted post[/post]​

whole bottom end will work. LS block/bottom end with a B16/GSR head.

Or you could get aftermarket rods and pistons on the LS crank.

Originally posted by breakdancingbob@Feb 1 2005, 11:21 PM
so do i use the whole bottom end. what from the ls block do i use or need. stock pistons and rods?
[post=454879]Quoted post[/post]​

Gut your LS bottom end, toss the B16 crank in it. Get some custom aftermarket rods and 12:1 pistons.

You got yourself a rev-happy oversquare 1.6l

10k rpm is WELL within reach as long as you do headwork.

dont do that ......just balance the ls bottom end and arp everything...... if you want buy a gurdle and other shit from a gsr ....like oil cooler.windage tray and oil pick up....and youre good... buy h beam rods and wiseco high or low cr pistons....9.8:1 or 11.5:1/12.0:1 thats it......

Originally posted by formby@Feb 2 2005, 09:53 PM
dont do that ......just balance the ls bottom end and arp everything...... if you want buy a gurdle and other shit from a gsr ....like oil cooler.windage tray and oil pick up....and youre good... buy h beam rods and wiseco high or low cr pistons....9.8:1 or 11.5:1/12.0:1 thats it......
[post=455531]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh, you're so right... what was I thinking making the engine oversquare...

Thanks for showing me the errors of my ways.

2.0 in a 1.6 block is the WAY to go for MAD HP!!

:worthy:

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Feb 2 2005, 06:45 PM
Gut your LS bottom end, toss the B16 crank in it. Get some custom aftermarket rods and 12:1 pistons.

You got yourself a rev-happy oversquare 1.6l

10k rpm is WELL within reach as long as you do headwork.
[post=455456]Quoted post[/post]​

I would LOVE to do this some time just to screw around and have a little fun. :thumbsup:

okay i guess i stand corrected.....why is this a good idea?.....

Oversquare--An engine with a bore longer than its stroke. Most postwar motors have an oversquare design. Oversquare engines can rev higher, but at the expense of low-end torque. An oversquare engine will typically produce more horsepower and less torque than an undersquare one.

i think its the def of a b16.....more of a road corse engine.....right or wrong...?

trying to learn something here

Back