Stroker vs. Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My friends, cars, boost and power.

Adam, EG with a fully built LSVTEC, 563whp on 18lbs.
Kevin, GS-R, 230whp on 8lbs.
Jason, DC Teg, built LSVTEC, atleast 250whp (street tuned, no dyno runs yet) on 7lbs.

A stock motor with a good tune, the right sized turbo on about 6-7lbs will get you into the 200-250whp range and still be reliable. It doesnt sound like much, but is does make a fun car that can still be driven daily.

<< Is soon to be driving around in a ~450 whp EK hatchy :D

Built LS.

Edit:
Almost forgot the Volvo. 15lbs on stock turbo. Surprisingly quick ;)

I'm trying to be on your boy Adam's status lol I want that gsr to be damn FAST lol.. What i got planned for mine is forged crank,rods,pistons, turbo cams, a turbo(no idea which one i want, spoon feed me guys lol), some n2o lol, adjustable cam gears, some atleast 600cc injectors, get some head work done liek port and polish. And whatever else you guys tell me to do.
Anyone think this is attaniable?

Or should i pick another motor???

Last edited:
I'm trying to be on your boy Adam's status lol I want that gsr to be damn FAST lol.. What i got planned for mine is forged crank,rods,pistons, turbo cams, a turbo(no idea which one i want, spoon feed me guys lol), some n2o lol, adjustable cam gears, some atleast 600cc injectors, get some head work done liek port and polish. And whatever else you guys tell me to do.

Ditch the crank, you won't need it.

I wouldn't bother piecing together your own stuff, just buy a kit. Check out these:
PeakBoost Honda B-series FTW turbo system

That + internals, you're looking at ~5k all said and done.

EDIT: is this GSR or LS? sorry, too lazy to read.

Adams car is just stupid, its hardly streetable, some of the stuff hes running off the top of my head, gt35r, custom intake mani, 5.0 Mustang TB, mild head work, not sure what hes running for cams or internals. He has $2000 in just the turbo and exhaust mani. Heres a little vid of it. Adam's Built Turbo EG on Vimeo

Maybe if i get some decent money next year ill try for a turbo, however the more power i have, ill use and with all the po-po's running around looking and listening it doesnt seem worth the risk. If i had a 400HP honda i wouldnt need to go to the track to know ill whip anything in the area.

go turbo for get all motor i think its too much money to spend on 200 hp, call peak boost 1877.238.8726 ask for ken spend 3800 dollars go get a good tune and make 350 horsepower easy and if u sleeve that b18 and get like 9.1 compression cp pistons arias rod u can make alot more power if u get a turbo kit i would go with the 3076 turbo u will be happy

Maybe if i get some decent money next year ill try for a turbo, however the more power i have, ill use and with all the po-po's running around looking and listening it doesnt seem worth the risk. If i had a 400HP honda i wouldnt need to go to the track to know ill whip anything in the area.

Once you boost, your addicted though. I drove a few of my buddies' boosted cars and look at me now.

Started with a little project, turned into a built & boosted monster project ^_^

go turbo for get all motor i think its too much money to spend on 200 hp, call peak boost 1877.238.8726 ask for ken spend 3800 dollars go get a good tune and make 350 horsepower easy and if u sleeve that b18 and get like 9.1 compression cp pistons arias rod u can make alot more power if u get a turbo kit i would go with the 3076 turbo u will be happy

Sounds like an ad lol

Once you boost, your addicted though. I drove a few of my buddies' boosted cars and look at me now.

Started with a little project, turned into a built & boosted monster project ^_^

After being in Jason and Adams cars I more than likely will turbo my car before next summer.

that was a sexy car. The music pretty much made the video though. nice work.

you want HP? go turbo. there is nothing more annnoying than spending 4k on a build and realizing you could have used what you tore up, put a turbo kit and made more power and saved some money.

i had a high compression lsvtec. it was sick as hell in my crx. I just craved for more and eventually dissapointed me evertime i would think about what i "could have done"

damn i miss my cars :(

crx5.jpg

100_0346.jpg

S7000475.jpg

S7000212.jpg

Back