Stroking an B16 with B18 internals?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kalmara

Hello, I'm driving an '91 Civic EE9, also known as Civic 1.6i-VT. Inside my engine compartment is the bone stock b16a1, and it's a fact that I'm getting used to it, I need something more. I came across an B18C4 block with the internals, but with a cracked water jacket, sold cheaply in my region. The difficult thing to decide is : wether to buy it or not. It's an EDM engine, equal to the USDM B18C1 aka GSR engine. I'm thinking will it do me some good, using it's crank and rods, to stroke my b16, but my main concern is that the b18 block is taller, and i'm not sure how I'm going to deal with that. I'm looking at the JUN B16 stoker kit and the parameters are equal, only 1mm piston oversize.
JUN B16 stroker kit - 82x87.2
B18C4 - 81x87.2

Any reccomendations for what shall I do? :D

I have found that one CAN use GSR crank & rods in a B16 block, but have to use custom pistons with lower comp. height, beacause of the shorter block. Thing is I don't really know exactly what specs I need for the custom piston, anyone? And another thing - can someone direct me where I can make the purchase, any known good religable company, that makes custom pistons? :D

In order to use the b18 internals in a b16 block you need custom pistons and they arent readily available.
You would be better off getting an ls (b18a/b18b) block and putting the b18c internals in that, they would fit right in and work just like a gsr.

Back