Structure damage...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Well, I dug into the hatchie yesterday.. Replaced the hood, unbolted the fenders and removed the radiator support (that was a bit of a bitch, BTW) and found... to my horror, a little structure damage... It isn't bad, but I can't straighten it, not even with my "Acura Integra frame straigtening tool".. The front "Frame rail" on the passenger side is tweaked about half an inch right, and half an inch down. I got the sideways tweak out with the teggy, but I just can't produce enough lift to pull the frame upwards.

So, I strapped the radiator and AC condensor in with ratchet straps and drove it to the body shop. They are going to hook it up to "THE RACK".. a machine that can bend and tweak entire cars at will. They hook up little eyelets along the car at key points, hook it to the machine, and hydrolics whip it into shape.. When I get my car back, It'll be as straight as the day it came from the factory..

Cost? $360 bucks. Not bad, not bad at all. (They're even going to weld in my new rad support, too.

yea, i think i got a tad of that there structure damage too.

i need a new rad. support. in due time, in due time.

post some pictures. i really like to watch as peoples projects come along.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Sep 15 2005, 11:42 AM

[post=554960]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, I got a new one torn on this civic.. but its ok, its a project car, and will make for mucho better before/after shots : ) It runs well, so far.

I am documenting via digi cam... Lotsa pics.. Probably going to build a mini web page off of my main sight and link it to there.

Originally posted by phyregod+Sep 15 2005, 12:45 PM-->
brian11to1
@Sep 15 2005, 11:42 AM

[post=554960]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, I got a new one torn on this civic.. but its ok, its a project car, and will make for mucho better before/after shots : ) It runs well, so far.

I am documenting via digi cam... Lotsa pics.. Probably going to build a mini web page off of my main sight and link it to there.
[post=555014]Quoted post[/post]​

thats what im doing.

i get my shit for free. a porgram to build my site, the hosting... ftp accesss ALL FREE. cuz i work for the company.

gede-anunya.com is my site so far.

I run paintballiq.com

Neet place for paintball, it does need to be updated though.. Never got the forums up and running, and that killed traffic.. I pretty much just use it to hose pics of glade plug ins for smart ass posts...

glade.jpg

Is $360 too much to straighten a frame and weld in a radiator support?

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 15 2005, 11:13 PM
360 is a good price. To bad you did not live near me i would do it for beer.
[post=555292]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, but after $355 worth of beer, my frame would be spec'd to a '78 LTD.

Got it out of the shop btw, those guys are good.. straight as an arrow. You can't even tell that anything was ever wrong with it.

Back