Strut Tower Bar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nuke209

Will the Type R / SIR-G strut tower bar fit my eg hatch?

i could be wrong, but, i belive that the type-R bar is stiffer in the way it is manufactured. i don't know if its worth the extra $30+ thats your call, try googling it bud,

~Ryan

the sir bar is a cheap metal stamped plain jane black bar.

the itr bar is actually nice polished aluminum with better end caps.

Just did a Civic type r strut bar on my 97 coupe, works wonders and you get a good price from password Jdm. My cars not even lowered and it dives corners like a champ, almost no body roll.

Quoted post[/post]]
from a strut bar? lol
:withstupid:

YOUR CAR CAN ROCK CORNERS FROM A STRUT BAR???

it might feel a "tad" stiffer, but by no means does your car have almost zero body roll. i have eibach sportlines with agx's, and even at its stiffest i still have body roll, less than a normal car, of coarse, but there is still a little, a stock suspension rolls big time, especially a stock civic. Dude! even a $5000 suspension overhaul contains a small bit of roll.

its a cool swap, i'm happy for you, you relize there is a differnce, thats good :thumbsup: but i encourage you to try a suspension upgrade!

peace!

~Ryan

I know it sounds crazy, but i have driven alot of lowered cars and the effect is almost the same. I am not saying no body roll, but very little(Except for the rear which has no bar) i will be lowering next but i am telling you a good strut bar gives you the most bang for your buck.

Quoted post[/post]]
I know it sounds crazy, but i have driven alot of lowered cars and the effect is almost the same. I am not saying no body roll, but very little(Except for the rear which has no bar) i will be lowering next but i am telling you a good strut bar gives you the most bang for your buck.

i'm not denying that a strut bar is very useful, they are! but there is a huge difference in what a strut bar "alone" can give vs. a suspension system "alone". i'm not doubting that you've riden in a lowered car, but belive me, no stut bar, especially just "one" no matter how good it is. it can't give the same effect as a good suspension.

this thread is amazing.

STRUT TOWER BARS DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR BODY ROLL.

they connect the chassis at the suspension points to redece CHASSIS FLEX

Unless your car has a major torsional rigidity problem, a strut bar will not make much of a noticable difference. Combined with other braces - perhaps, but other suspension mods would help more.

I'm ditching my Ractive ones, and prolly going for something completely rigid - either Neuspeed, Carbing, or PWJDM.

Back