struts/springs for swapped crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

freak86

I was just wondering if anyone had some oppinions on what a good strut/spring combo would be.
It will be street only.
b16 swap, so maybe some extra weight up front.
does not have to be adjustable.
i would not like to lower my car as much as possible.
i'm looking for a cheap combo, but if i have to pay a little(i know, that's a relative term) more for good value, i will.
I don't want anything too stiff.
so far, i've gotten one suggestion from someone i know: kyb gr2's with h&r oe sport springs.
any recommendations or tried and true combos are appreciated. i know it's different from one person to the next, but i'm just a noob w/suspension, so....
thanks

i have a mint set of tokico blues and H&R sport springs that have'nt even settled yet.

i installed them on my crx with b series swap and drove the car around 2k miles. then i swaped the engine to my civic...

$230 +shipping

plenty can vouch for me...

i take paypal

these are some pics of them as i type this.

interested?

Attachments

• DSCF0789.JPG
    DSCF0789.JPG
    485.7 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCF0790.JPG
    DSCF0790.JPG
    526.5 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCF0791.JPG
    DSCF0791.JPG
    520.6 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCF0794.JPG
    DSCF0794.JPG
    856.3 KB · Views: 187
those aren't the oe springs, are they? did it lower your rex too much? also, isn't that a pretty stiff setup? i haven't heard anything about the tokicos. how was the ride?

not too stiff... the ride was great lots better than the oem set up with cheapo coil overs.

tokicos are "oem" replacements that wont fail when you put a spring to drop them plus they are gas shocks AND the springs are H&R sport springs...

the set you see cost me $450

Last edited:
Back