1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stuff for the hatch

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by w2rbass, Aug 18, 2003.

1. w2rbass

w2rbass Member

first question, which would be a better/stronger material for a body kit, fiberglass or urethane? if you had to choose(i know most of you arent into body kits that much) what would you pick? and also if anyone is from CT, where is a good shop to get my car painted? for not too much money... ive heard maaco does nice stuff, and then ive heard they do horrible stuff, any experience with them? and how much should i expect to pay for my car fully painted..... i was thinking of a nice pearl white or a cream white... my car is white already but i wanted something a little more off but still whitish, thanks

2. w2rbass

w2rbass Member

oh and by the way, when i say fully painted i just mean the bumpers, doors, skirts, etc... basically everything on the outside of the car that you can see all the time, not the engine bay etc.

3. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

urethane is probably the better choice. its easier to put on and less resistant to break. maaco sucks...find a better place to paint your car.

what kinda car u got?

4. w2rbass

w2rbass Member

oh damn, i always forget to list my car, hehe... its a 94 civic hatch

5. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

Urethane is preferred, but of coarse is more expensive.

IMO i wouldn't buy a fiberglass bodykit because they chip/crack easily, and once that happeneds they look like shit.

6. civic15.8

civic15.8 Senior Member

paint doesn't stick as well to urethane as it does fiberglass but i would still go with urethane

7. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Fiberglass sucks for bodykits. I've seen front ends that are littered with cracks and repairs from bottoming out on driveways,etc...urethane last longer.

8. hondahauge

hondahauge Senior Member

Urethane is by far stronger than the fiberglass the fiber glass will crack unlike the urethane it will just bend and pop back to the original shape.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted