Stuff

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay im doing my coilover installation on my crx, well i put on lug locks on my wheels and now i cant get them off... i tried and they stripped off... is there anyway to get those off? i mean literally the lock and the key are both stripped off, is there anything i can do ? please help lol there goes a day of work on my car...

that wasn't too smooth. lol. You can always resort to cutting it off, and buying a new bolt. Thats a whole different install.

Find a socket that you don't mind losing that is just smaller than the locks. Pound the socket onto the lock and then use the socket to remove the lock.

Originally posted by lsvtec@May 10 2003, 12:55 PM
Find a socket that you don't mind losing that is just smaller than the locks. Pound the socket onto the lock and then use the socket to remove the lock.

or just weld it on :D

Originally posted by hondadude199+May 10 2003, 01:21 PM-->
@May 10 2003, 12:55 PM

or just weld it on :D

If you had the equipment to weld it on, then why wouldn't you just CUT IT OFF?

Then spend the $5 and get a new bolt and lugnut.

they do make a product called a nut splitter , or use a really good set of vise grips I've found that a monkey wrench works sometimes as well

Alot of tool jobbers such as Snap-on or Matco have locking lugnut removal tools. I have 2 different designs, and both work fairly well

If the nuts are recessed, i wouldnt use a chisle, or hammer, or weld, or cutting torch, you will definately fuck the rim. I would just bit the bullet and spend the money ona proper lug nut removal tool. Then you wont have to buy new studs, as if that would make much of a price difference :p snap-on tools are mui expensivo.... Good luck

I would be fibbing if I told you I've done this before but...

you will need
1. One large pair of vice grips
2. One even larger hammer
3. A guy who responds to the name of "bubba"

damnit if it's good enough for a sixty million $ long range bomber, it will work on your CRX!!!

Vice grips work well if you can get a hold of the bolt if not you can always try using a drimle tool and cut a slot in the lugnut

if all else fails I say go with Liquid00meths idea and stab yourself in the eye with a soldering iron

I myself am a fan of the cutting a slot in the lugnut and using a big flathead screw driver to get it out

I did what Jeffie7 said, cut a slot in the locking lugnut and use a big flat head screwdriver... I used a drill with a 1/8 drill bit and drilled 5 holes right side by side, then hammered the screwdriver in there, put my vise grips on the driver and cranked it off.

Next time don't tighten the locking nut so tight.

blame it on a local tire place, like discount tire. they'll replace it for free. :)

I hate when $#@)@#$* shops use an air wrench to put the oil plug back in... @#$#@$#@$
they had to of done that with my moms car becuase I had to use a breaker bar and my foot to break it loose
also oil filters why the hell do shop like to torque them down....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back