Stunt Bike, Would you ever buy one?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
So, would any of you guys that ride street bikes ever buy a street bike?

and if so would you ever ride it on the street...?

I know the front is gonna take a beating, as well as the motor, trans, clutch and brakes...

but would you imagine the frame and wheels would be safe for cruising speeds?

I'm looking for a bike and looks aren't as big a deal as speed and dependability...

stunk bikes are already caged so no worries there, and they're already beaten up so no worries on dumping it...

i would...but thats me. i got a kick out of this lil 80cc dirt bike...then i got a 150...then a 600. thats where i stopped. i dont trust myself with anything more than the 600. now i just drive my prelude :)

sure, why not?

Its a bike..as long as it tracks straight and everything is functional, I don't see what the problem would be

i found a stunted '96 900 RR for a decent price...

i'm amazed at how cheap you can get plastics for these things...

OPP or godfather has full sets for under a G

godfather adverts a full set for 4 bills, and OPP was around 650 i think?

I'm just wondering how bulky the cage is and how low/far out it sits on the sides

some of my old riding buddies have thier street bikes and stunt bikes, and yes they ride the stunt bikes on the street, they are usually out doing stunts for people, I am going to film them this year

I actually have THE bike for you !

I have a 1996 Ninja 900. It's been crashed, but then it was completely fixed. My friend is in it for $3000 in parts, but he's asking $2500 just to get it out of the basement. The front forks and tree have been completely rebuilt with new parts, and it's been laser aligned and came out perfect. It's got N900 fairings in plain white right now, but for some reason the fairing plastics have different mounting points (We can't figure it out, so it's gotta be either traded for the right plastics, or zip-tied into place)

His worry with it is that it won't be "The bike it used to be at 160 miles per hour". So chances are, the bike is going to be a stunter. He's got another 95 Ninja 900 (Same color and everything) that he rides as his daily, and the other one (The Basement Ninja) will prolly just be a stunter for him or someone else. The problem with a 900cc stunter is that it's not at all easy to pick it up.

But he's got frame sliders for it, and two transmissions (The stock, and the one on his daily Ninja which is geared REALLY short... again, perfect for a stunt bike). Everything on this is new, but everyone that looks at it can't trust it at high speeds.

Clayton rode it around the block before it was cracked up - ask him about it.

Yeah, he was more confident with it than I ever was. They call the Ninja "The 900" not because of it's displacement, but because of it's weight. That, and believe it or not, I can't reach the ground on it. And when it's leaned against my leg, It's beyond the tipping point for my muscle and I can't get it back upright. Scary feeling.

Clayton just went a little nutty with the rear brake - common beginner mistake.

recked-al2.jpg

Theres lots of reasons not to buy a stunt bike.

First as stated before its been done over and over and over again. Im sure a lot of those crashes have been HARD!

Then theres the whole bike that crahses and the engine keeps running either at idle or with the throttle pegged (if it lands right) so now you have a bike that at one point if not 10 times been on its side running for who knows how long. ever hear of oil starvation?

If you ever want to resale the bike its worth jack shit.

If you ever want to clean it up and fix all the broken shit you're going to pay out the ass to do so. in the end you'd be better off buying a newer bike thats never been down with low miles. bikes are NOT cheap. fixing them is even worse, local bike shop charges $88.00 a HALF hour flat rate. Plastics are not cheap at all. if you want a side cover you're looking at 300-600 bucks for one piece. the only plus side is they come painted and stickered.

Bottom line, someone beat the hell out of the bike and who knows how many things hes fixed halfassed becuase its a stunt bike and he doesnt care in the first place how good of a fix he does. shit frame cracks? ohwell just weld it......

Ask your self this. If you could buy a helmet that you know has been down 10+ times but hasnt cracked would you still buy it for 1/4 the price of a newer one?

This bike could mean your life. If you buy it for anything other then (slow speed) stuntin, you'd be one stupid mofo.

that is why I wouldnt think twice about NOT buying it.

Quoted post[/post]]
I actually have THE bike for you !

I have a 1996 Ninja 900. It's been crashed, but then it was completely fixed. My friend is in it for $3000 in parts, but he's asking $2500 just to get it out of the basement. The front forks and tree have been completely rebuilt with new parts, and it's been laser aligned and came out perfect. It's got N900 fairings in plain white right now, but for some reason the fairing plastics have different mounting points (We can't figure it out, so it's gotta be either traded for the right plastics, or zip-tied into place)

His worry with it is that it won't be "The bike it used to be at 160 miles per hour". So chances are, the bike is going to be a stunter. He's got another 95 Ninja 900 (Same color and everything) that he rides as his daily, and the other one (The Basement Ninja) will prolly just be a stunter for him or someone else. The problem with a 900cc stunter is that it's not at all easy to pick it up.

But he's got frame sliders for it, and two transmissions (The stock, and the one on his daily Ninja which is geared REALLY short... again, perfect for a stunt bike). Everything on this is new, but everyone that looks at it can't trust it at high speeds.

Clayton rode it around the block before it was cracked up - ask him about it.
thats a good deal

IMO the older zx9r is to heavy to be a stunt bike, when I had my 96 it took a lot for me to get it to wheelie, I had to clutch it up

Well this Ninja is ok - like I Said it lasered out fine, it's got all OEM parts and it's actually got a fresh frame rebuild. The motor has like 6000 miles on it. But the thing is, no one is willing to buy it and then trust it at high speeds.

Like building a billiards table - You can build the nicest table in the world... I ain't playin you on it.

For my d/d, no, never. If I was learning to do tricks, and needed a learner bike for that sole purpose, yes. I would never START stunting on a nice bike. I didn't go out and buy a brand new bike to learn how to ride on, I bought a beater, because I knew I'd do stupid things like drop it, which I did, and let my friends try to ride it, which I did. Learned all the stupid things not to do on the beater, only to crash the new one.

Lol, but yeah, if you are gonna street this bike daily, it's better to get a bike that wasn't beat on.

Back