Stupid Axle Question, please help reassure me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

91 crx with a 91 teggy b18a swap in it, I cant get the driver side axle out.
Its stuck in the intermediate shaft. Im prying on it pretty hard and its not budging. What do you guys think it could be? Ive replaced alot of axles before and never had one stick like this. I dont wanna cause damage.
should i just pry harder? Whack it with a hammer hah?:mellow:

as you put pressue with a pry bar tap it lightly with a hammer, try to move the hammer till you find the sweet spot and pop

if its stuck in the haftshaft pull the haftshaft out and put it in a vice so you dont break anything then try to knock it out with a hammer and a chisel it probley wont work but its worth a try if nothing else

I had one stick like that on me before in a 93 integra, once I got the axle out of the halfshaft I realized what the problem was. . . the splines had actually sheared and well to make a long story short the thing was a mess, had to get a new halfshaft and buy a new axle (rebuilder wouldn't take one with damaged splines)
I know that I didn't damage the splines when I separated the axle from the halfshaft, but it did take me a while with a good prybar and a hammer.
Try a large ball joint separator, that is what finally got mine apart.

i got the axle out, i had to use a big screw driver with a hammer from under the other side of the car, a few really strong taps, and she came free. I inspected it thuroughly and cant see a problem with it at all.... at least nothing to say why it woulda stuck.

Back