Stupid boost "what if?" question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
the idea seems to be that an inline block I4 or I6 is served better buy single turbocharger, while V style block are generally better suited to handle a TT setup. This being said, what would be the right setup for a W12? TTT? :lol:

their is a BB chevy going throw the rops with 4 turbo charges with a low vavle train. I think kind of stupid because fact that 2 exhaust ports per turbo and the tubo's where not small by any means like size of a 2 cyc motor. So depends on the setup. But i would honestly say a V8 with 2 turbo's and nos.. No one can touch you. unless and its a rocket car thoese are doing 3 secounds and lower

Well the W8 from what I understand has 6 exhaust ports coming off the left and right sides. The ports are at two different heights, so it could be assumed with the right aftermarket turbo manifold you should be able to route all the exhaust gases from one side into one turbo. Then you would have the beginnings of a TT setup.

Originally posted by EdrikLongtail@Jul 27 2003, 10:45 PM
their is a BB chevy going throw the rops with 4 turbo charges with a low vavle train. I think kind of stupid because fact that 2 exhaust ports per turbo and the tubo's where not small by any means like size of a 2 cyc motor. So depends on the setup. But i would honestly say a V8 with 2 turbo's and nos.. No one can touch you. unless and its a rocket car thoese are doing 3 secounds and lower

Wordlife!!

There was a rocket car at the 1/8 mile in town running 3's. That's just insane, I can't wait to see "rocket car" racing on TV. It was jet engine not rocket so you would have to worry about FOD and other litlle stuff like FLYING AWAY!!! :lol:, I'll take my honda....

Back