Stupid Check Engine Light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bns773

Ok here goes... I have a 92 CX with a JDM B16. The problem started when my speedo stopped working (No Vtec :angry: ). I replaced the VSS and it still didn't work. I took of my harness and repined the VSS plug. When I put my harness back on the speedo was working fine but now I get a CEL. The car is running fine the CEL only comes on after I have been driving for a while(Like 10min or so).

Question.
How do I check the code? also will it be there the next time I go to start my car? :blink:

Sorry if I was gave to much info.......or not enough.

BTW after I cross the wires will the series of flashes come from the dash or the ECU?

Hey guys sorry to be such a nOOb but I could not find the connector. I have My ECU exposed and I am looking for the connector but can't find it. I found one that has a blue/white wire and a black wire. The connector is brown but I'm not sure if it is it. It is right above the ECU between the kick panel and the little part of the dash before the glove box. There is also a connector next to it with six or so wires in it. Am I looking in the right spot? :blink:

my connector is blue. I am not sure if they are all blue though. It's possible. I'd check a manual though. If you don't have a manual yet, now would be a good time to buy one anyway. Try ebay or amazon for a chilton/haynes/helms used. Helms is supposed to be the best, but it is pretty expensive compared to the others.
Wish I could help more.

Well I crossed the wires and nothing happend. I tried both sides of connector (Male and Female) and nothing happens when I turn on the key. I just got a CEL before I parked it and tried it. Am I doing something wrong? :huh:

it should flash at you right away. You could wait until the light is on, park the car, leave the engine running, and try it again. The key has to be on for the ecu to spit out codes. You leave the jumper in the harness the whole time while doing this. The codes will repeat after they finish. Good luck.

brown is correct

He would definitely know, now so do I.

Well I still can't get it to display a code but I figured that it was my 02 sensor. I checked the wires and found that the yellow/black stripe wire was grounding out. I guess when I was relooming the harness I snaged it on the intake. But anyways thanks again for all the help.

B

Back