stupid colorado emissions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ripperbone

angry bear
Rest In Peace
:mad: so today my crx is going to a new home for 4000 without the turbo, so I decieded to get the emissions done for him since he lives in Denver and where I have the car regestered I dont need emissions. so I went down to Longmont to get the enhanced emissions for the dever area and sat in line for 1 hour and when I got up to the doors they told me that they cant test my car cause it sits to low. my roommate went with me and we were talking to the guy telling him that its not to low and that my roommates nsx sits lower than my crx and he got the emissions done there, the guy was sitting there arguing that my roommates nsx doesnt sit lower than my car, I was how the hell do you know, do you even know what a nsx is. :laugh:

so he gives me a paper to sign and I had to call this number on it for tech support :huh: so I call it and the guy was cool, he told me that if my car has a body kit, or lowered, or hase different rims (17's and bigger)that most places wont test it, and that I need to take my car to denver and have them look at it and they will deciede if it get to take just a sniffer test. or i can take the ft bumper off, or the body kit off, or raise the car back up. he told me that pep boys has a rubber block that you can stick in the springs to raise the car up, :blink: I told the guy thats getting the car about all this hes cool with it and since the place I need to take it to is buy his house hes going to take it there and see what they say and take care of it himself.

well i am just venting cause I was pissed that I sat there for 1 hour wasting my time for some ass cracker to tell me that they cant do the testing.

yea, I am glad that where i live I dont have to have that test done

is that a yes to the rollers?

my guess is the guy didn;t wanna risk cracking your kit or fucking up your bumpers if he had to strap it down...?

or maybe he was just a v8 loving dick smoker?

Quoted post[/post]]
yea, I am glad that where i live I dont have to have that test done

is that a yes to the rollers?

my guess is the guy didn;t wanna risk cracking your kit or fucking up your bumpers if he had to strap it down...?

or maybe he was just a v8 loving dick smoker?
yes to the rollers

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Colorado: The new California??

Absolutely and who is that chick goddam it ?!
:werd: been wondering that also

sorry bout your rant thread lol

hijackers.jpg

I don't want picks. Looks like a moped to me. Maybe she has big boobs, but also seems to got the gut. Gross. But then again I am blind. And to answer your question.

Yes. I am perfect.

My CT Emissions story:

I had a 1989 Pontiac / ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix. These cars invented the 3.1 V6, had a single turbo and an automatic. You can imagine how stuffed things were under that hood. Well, I go to get emissions done (On the dyno, indoors with the sniffer in one of the tailpipes)

"Ok, this is a Turbo Grand Prix. It needs to have the fan in front of it"
"They never made a Turbo Grand Prix.. This is an SE. It's not turbo."
"Look at the back"
"I don't care what the back says, the isn't a turbo"
"Pop the hood"
"You can't pop the hood here"

This continues on and on, and I'm getting really pissed. This fat fucking cow will NOT dyno my car, while I'm required to watch through the window, without a fan in front of it

"Get the manager."
"I am the manager"
"What's the harm here? Just put the fucking fan in front of the car"
"Don't talk to me like that, sir I am a state employee and this is my department"
"Don't you fucking talk to me like that, that's my 1 of 1000 made car. Are you gonna put the fan on or am I gonna go somewhere else?"

He shakes his head "Wait in the waiting room"

And this nigger went to the front of the car, kicked the fan over to the front of the car, got in..... Started the car. Now I'm behind the glass screaming like a lunatic because that asshole gave me this smug ass look as he didn't even turn the fucking fan on. The guy in the booth with me fought with me about leaving the booth. I'm not allowed in the room with the car during the test, it's some federal offense or some shit, and he was going to "Contact the police if I touched him because that's assault on a government employee"

So they do the test, they rev the car down, and the car dies. He's trying to start it, trying and trying. It won't start. My blood pressure is off the charts. He calls other guys over and they push the car out to the lot and proceed to tell me "You've got about 20 minutes before the tow truck gets here. You failed emissions, get the hell out"

They cracked my turbo manifold. If you're familiar with the TGP, it was the Crossover pipe (Which was perfect when I bought it)

I wrote letters unanswered, talked to lawyers who said I had no case. The State protected themselves from cars breaking during emissions. And I had to return to pass or face a $70 fine.

So don't bitch to me about emissions. I think Colorado DMV is the most awesome on the planet, and their emissions sucks because they are complete idiots - But they should have both types of equipment there, and you gotta remember that Colorado is full of two types of people: Those that own jacked up trucks and SUVs, and those that don't because they can't afford them.

Quoted post[/post]]
I would fucking move. That sounds too much like Connecticut.
I love CT emissions. My turboed 95 civic passed no problem

Just read your story steve. I if he refused to do the fan I wouldve gotten my car out of there so fast. Fuck any laws. and if he tryed to stop me he could eat fist. I wouldnt risk my car like that

Back