stupid ecu or something

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arroshiz

ive got my swap done and i drove it around tonight, the only thing wrong is that i have no speedo, no tach, no temp, and no gas guages, i think my ecu might be fried somehow, how can i tell if it is? and if its not that, why is my junk not working, the swap is a b17a1 into a 92 vx hatch, everything runs good, i beat a mustang gt, he wasnt ready haha..but any info is appreciated

this might be a stupid question, but did you for some reason take your gauges out and not plug them back in? i dont believe you could have a shit ecu and be able to take a gt.(your car wouldnt run if you were missing all those inputs) id check the connections for your gauges

well i mean, it runs fine, it cuts out sometimes like it aint gettin no gas, but seriously, everything is plugged and the guages dont work, i never unplugged them, i check all the fuses under the dash and over by the battery, could this be a fuse? or a bad ground? are there any more fuses anywhere else?

sounds like you don't have all your grounds hooked up properly...go check them again

that might be it, ive got one goin to the valve cover and then one goin to the starter but i think its supposed to go somewhere on the transmission itself, could this be a problem?

Originally posted by arroshiz@Nov 6 2004, 12:47 AM
that might be it, ive got one goin to the valve cover and then one goin to the starter but i think its supposed to go somewhere on the transmission itself, could this be a problem?
[post=412976]Quoted post[/post]​

yup

how would that affect my guages tho? i just dont understand, i mean i know that one time i forgot to hook up a ground and the car wouldnt turn over or anything until i hooked it up, but i dont see a connection with that and my guages if the car is running

id check the ground in the dash. its right behind the gauges when you pull them out and its attached to the support system for the steering wheel.

here's a list of the problems im havin, maybe this will help...

i have no turn signals(blinkers)
no guages

lights work and all and the car runs but it acts like its bogged down, it lags real bad, sometimes its quick and sometimes it sucks, i know that part of this might be becuase my knock sensor isnt in yet cause i had to order a new one, but i have no clue whats up with the turn signals or guages

i would check my dash wiring then...have you removed your dash for any reason? You might also try checking all your fuses as well, underdash as well as underhood. i installled power locks on my girls sol the other day and blew a fuse without knowing it..so id check my fuses, grounds for the dash harness, and connections on dash harness.

yeah i figured it out, i had the wrong size fuse in my dash fuse place and i'd change it and it'd keep blowing, i got it now, thanks....

Back