stupid lsvtec head question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gunsnbam

I have been looking for a b16 head to put on my ls block for my future turbo civic, but I recently came across a good deal on a GSR head...I know a b16 head would be better for a turbo lsvtec because of the flow but I am only looking for about 300hp. My question is would the flow difference be a big deal with a somewhat low number? (I know 300 isnt low but its not 600-800 heh).

I will be turboing the project later down the road. This is why I wanted a vtec head to begin with..so It would already be a little quick. But once I build up the block, because this car will be somewhat daily driven. would the vtec head really make that much of a difference anyway with a 300hp goal? (this was just a question because im curious)

I think you would be ok with a gsr head. A b16 would be a better choice, but if you can get a gsr head for cheap, I would go for it. I have a b16 head on a ls block and the vtec is loud. Love it! 300 hp is a pretty high number, but not obtainable. What block and head work will you be doing, injectors, ecu, turbo and fuel pump will you be running?

Back