1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stupid lsvtec head question

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by gunsnbam, Nov 22, 2008.

1. gunsnbam

gunsnbam New Member

I have been looking for a b16 head to put on my ls block for my future turbo civic, but I recently came across a good deal on a GSR head...I know a b16 head would be better for a turbo lsvtec because of the flow but I am only looking for about 300hp. My question is would the flow difference be a big deal with a somewhat low number? (I know 300 isnt low but its not 600-800 heh).

I will be turboing the project later down the road. This is why I wanted a vtec head to begin with..so It would already be a little quick. But once I build up the block, because this car will be somewhat daily driven. would the vtec head really make that much of a difference anyway with a 300hp goal? (this was just a question because im curious)

2. jimmyvong

jimmyvong New Member

I think you would be ok with a gsr head. A b16 would be a better choice, but if you can get a gsr head for cheap, I would go for it. I have a b16 head on a ls block and the vtec is loud. Love it! 300 hp is a pretty high number, but not obtainable. What block and head work will you be doing, injectors, ecu, turbo and fuel pump will you be running?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted