1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid Power Steering Question

Discussion in 'Accord' started by JohnnyWadd, Oct 8, 2011.

1. JohnnyWadd

JohnnyWadd Junior Member

Okay... I know before I ask this question that I'm gonna make myself look like an idiot, but what the hell?!

So, I've got a 94 VTEC Accord with a leaky power steering pump. I'm gonna try to find a used one to put on it. Been looking online and I've seen people advertising pumps that are b-series, d-series, h-series, etc...

Well, I don't exactly know what that means. I've looked online, but can't find any information. Does that mean the series of the engine or the series of the pump? What I'm getting at is that my Accord has an F22B1 engine... an f-series engine. Does that mean that I've got an f-series power steering pump as well?

I thank you in advance for making this a bit less muddy for me.

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

thats exactly what it means.

i got a new one from advanced last year for like 70 bucks for my accord. just a bit of friendly info.

for your year model its 106+30 core from them (meaning you pay 136, and then they give you 30 back when you bring your old one in).

3. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

To not make a huge mess when swapping it out.....Turkey Baster FTW

4. Rammus

Rammus New Member

Seconded I had a giant mess on my garage floor when switching mine out, not fun to clean.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted