Stupid Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DjMcPhatty

This weekend is going to be my first time ever autocrossing my car. Well I have a question that im actually slightly embarrassed to ask.... One of the safety/tech inspection requirements is that the battery be tied down with no play what so ever.....what can I use as a battery tie, without buying a $40 one? As of right now my 92 Honda Civic Vx has no tie down but the battery doesn't move and has slight play....Thanks for the help and flame away but im a noob at alotta this stuff.

go to a junkyard and get the stock one for your car
shouldnt be more than a few dollars

You could Home Depot it with a few J hooks and some angle iron cut to fit.

$3 solution.

run a piece of angle iron across both terminals. it works great

I'm as slow as my car... I just got that...across both terminals... :lol:

Originally posted by xyswany@Jul 21 2003, 02:36 AM
run a piece of angle iron across both terminals. it works great

That's a good one. I like that. :lol:

i am almost sure that autozone or murays sells cheap, non bling bling tie downs. Or just go to home depot and make your own. Get very long bolts (a little longer then the battery) that will fit into your batter try, a strip of metal that is sturdy enough that it will not bend with 10-20lbs of pressure, and thats about it. Drill a hole to fit the long bolt/screw and then thread to the bottom of the battery tray. Repeat on other side.

Id get a piece of aluminum bar stock, some threaded rod and a couple of nuts and washers. You could grind the corners round on the aluminum, drill some lightening holes in it and make it look good like one of those jackson racing or some other rice company products only you dont spend $60 on it cuz it says the companies name. Maybe even put a piece of sponge rubber in between the tie down bar and the battery to keep things from sliding around at all.

As a matter of fact, i think im gonna go do that right now :p

Back