stupid question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic-93

can you tell what kind of cd player is in your car without the faceplate?, long story short... i got an acura cl from a car auction, cd player, no faceplate

It doesn't matter anyway. You can't buy just a face plate. If the company does agree to sell you one, it's probably approaching the cost of a new stereo. But all companies that I know of code the face plate so it will only work on the stereo it came with as a security measure.

Next time please make a more descriptive title to your thread. In the future, someone searching for the same info wont be able to find your thread. I tend to avoid threads with stupid titles, but your thread is the only one for the last month or so.

You can buy just the faceplate, but it is almost as much as a new deck would cost, so its not really worth it unless you have a really highend deck. And as for the face plates only working with the radio it came with, pioneer, sony, and others, as long as its the same model the face plate is interchangable. ex. pioneer 7700 i can take my faceplate of my deck and stick it on my friends 7700 and it works just fine.

Back