Stupid, Stupid Cop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
Well I find this quite humorous.

I was traveling 91N at about exit 12 (north haven area)
well I see the cop,sitting in a "I'm seeing how fast your traveling mode", way down the road at least 2 exits, and my laser detector goes nutz. at this time I was doing 80 in a 65. so I'm slowing down with two other cars in front of me. I see the Cop put on his lights and start on down the highway, I asume after me. Well another car pulls in the lane behind me after the cop has already started to pursue someone. I'm like great this guys gonna move over and then I'm gonna get a ticket. Nope the cop took the small fish behind me. All I can think is, damn the cops got the wrong guy but who am I to complain.

Just goes to show that Laser Speed measuring devices are as stupid as the cop using it.

I was under the impression that laser units are directional and are point and shoot, so you'd pretty sure if your laser detector goes off you just got nailed, I also thought Police were trained to use these devices.

my rant of the day

Damn that's some luck.. How do you know the other guy wasn't speeding.

I would think the cop would look at the car and see it what car it was when he was shooting the laser

the laser is more directional than radar, but all that means is that in traffic the beam will hit 3 cars at once instead of maybe 8 or 10 cars at once.

i once got a laser warning from about a mile away with almost 15 cars in front of me, on a 2 lane highway.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jul 16 2004, 11:36 AM

well I see the cop,sitting in a "I'm seeing how fast your traveling mode", way down the road at least 2 exits, and my laser detector goes nutz. at this time I was doing 80 in a 65. so I'm slowing down with two other cars in front of me. I see the Cop put on his lights and start on down the highway, I asume after me. Well another car pulls in the lane behind me after the cop has already started to pursue someone. I'm like great this guys gonna move over and then I'm gonna get a ticket. Nope the cop took the small fish behind me. All I can think is, damn the cops got the wrong guy but who am I to complain.

Just goes to show that Laser Speed measuring devices are as stupid as the cop using it.

I was under the impression that laser units are directional and are point and shoot, so you'd pretty sure if your laser detector goes off you just got nailed, I also thought Police were trained to use these devices.

my rant of the day
[post=364122]Quoted post[/post]​

I think I got you beat. Driving home from work on Saturday(not even supposed to be here kinda thing), traffic was flowin about 80- 90. I'm jammin 95 in the TSX and I notice a cop backed way up the usual on ramp to scope peeps speeding. I see him sitting there as I ease off the gas and down shift.. He waits about 20 secs. and I see the lights wailin'. At this point I get just enough around the bend to lose him in my mirror. "Fuck this...I'm makin him catch me..." I punch it while he still outta site to get a lil lead on him. Low and behold, I pass another po po doing 108 mph! He follows. I make it up my off ramp and the light is green. I make the left and now the 2nd cop is 30-40 yrds behind me. he gets on the loud speaker and states " The driver of the silver Acura...please pull to the right. As he says this I come to another intersection, but this time the light is red. The cop is on my ass and I figure...Oh well I tried. when all of the sudden I see the red 93 accord come flyin trough the intersection and runs the red light while almost t-boning a full size van! The cops tells me to be on my way and gives chase to the A-hole in the Accord. Fuck I got lucky. that is all.

matt

Originally posted by hybrid89+Jul 20 2004, 12:11 PM-->
@Jul 16 2004, 11:36 AM

well I see the cop,sitting in a "I'm seeing how fast your traveling mode",  way down the road at least 2 exits, and my laser detector goes nutz. at this time I was doing 80 in a 65. so I'm slowing down with two other cars in front of me. I see the Cop put on his lights and start on down the highway, I asume after me. Well another car pulls in the lane behind me after the cop has already started to pursue someone.  I'm like great this guys gonna move over and then I'm gonna get a ticket. Nope the cop took the small fish behind me. All I can think is, damn the cops got the wrong guy but who am I to complain. 

my rant of the day
[post=364122]Quoted post[/post]​

I think I got you beat. Driving home from work on Saturday(not even supposed to be here kinda thing), traffic was flowin about 80- 90. I'm jammin 95 in the TSX and I notice a cop backed way up the usual on ramp to scope peeps speeding. I see him sitting there as I ease off the gas and down shift.. He waits about 20 secs. and I see the lights wailin'. At this point I get just enough around the bend to lose him in my mirror. "Fuck this...I'm makin him catch me..." I punch it while he still outta site to get a lil lead on him. Low and behold, I pass another po po doing 108 mph! He follows. I make it up my off ramp and the light is green. I make the left and now the 2nd cop is 30-40 yrds behind me. he gets on the loud speaker and states " The driver of the silver Acura...please pull to the right. As he says this I come to another intersection, but this time the light is red. The cop is on my ass and I figure...Oh well I tried. when all of the sudden I see the red 93 accord come flyin trough the intersection and runs the red light while almost t-boning a full size van! The cops tells me to be on my way and gives chase to the A-hole in the Accord. Fuck I got lucky. that is all.

matt
[post=365715]Quoted post[/post]​

Does it hurt having that horseshoe up your ass?
:p

Back