Stupid Video Card Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
ok...
i know i'm retarded but will this work

i have old school video cards that go into the brown slots
the brown slots in the old machine has the small area in the front, then the gap, then the large area
my computer has a brown slot, but its reversed
with the large in the front and small in the back

here's a pic

100_0392.JPG

100_0393.JPG

ok, so lets say i put the card in there and it shut the computer down
now i have a green LED on the mobo on and i have one green light on the front flashing
the one that looks like a light bulb, probably a warning light
now i have no response from the machine

do these things have fuses or breakers anywhere?

i've unplugged it, pulled the battery, held the power button, hit the restart button and switched the power button on the back
nothing

I would be careful because it looks like you have the two different types. The board looks like the newer 2x/4x slots and the card looks like the older 1x slot.

Usually there is only one way to put in the card, and if it doesnt fit the way its supposed to, then dont put it in. You could damage the card and the board.

Besides, if you stick it in how the hell are you going to plug in the monitor?

Find out which AGP the board supports and find out what kind of AGP the card is.

i unplugged it and removed the battery and waited a bit, then i tried it again
and it turned on...
maybe its not junk

could be a propietary slot as well.

just get a pimp PCI card :)

i was shitting a brick, i thought i shorted something out
had to unplug the power supply, then pull the battery, then wait for the LED to go off on the mobo
then put the battery back in, then plug it back in, then hit the power button

i seriously thought i cooked it

Ew how can you recommend a PCI card? Think of the serious bandwidth limit. AGP1X, OLD ASS, supports double that of a PCI slot.

If you go to anandtech.com and go into the forsale forums under FREEBIES, so members are kind enough to dish out old AGP cards. Id rather have one of those then put out for a shitty PCI card.

Ew how can you recommend a PCI card? Think of the serious bandwidth limit. AGP1X, OLD ASS, supports double that of a PCI slot.

If you go to anandtech.com and go into the forsale forums under FREEBIES, so members are kind enough to dish out old AGP cards. Id rather have one of those then put out for a shitty PCI card.

fuck look at his system its ancient...

Back