Stupidest thing you ever bough (PT2)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I drink 6-8 shots per a day on a good day, and more if I've got a deadline, or are just not feeling up to it. Some days I go overboard and drink 6-shots, then down a pot of coffee with some nodoz......

I actually priced out a pod-system compared to a true espresso machine. The espresso machine breaks even at 4-shots a day, given that you spend $350 on the machine. It pays for itself over a $100 pod machine, with 4-shots a day, at 4 months.

Besides, I tried keurig pods, and I was not impressed at all. They cost about $0.58 per pod, which contains 12g of coffee. One serving (a double shot, aka risotto) contains 14g of ground coffee. One pound is 453g, so minus the waste coffee, that gives me 30 servings per pound of coffee, $7.68 at target, bringing my cost per-shot to $0.256, guess who is winning? I can even choose my own coffee, and I'm not stuck with stale coffee forever. Also, I'm not locked into a pod-system for life.... Anyone remember 123spresso? Exactly.

I've been told that I'm a little compulsive when it comes to figuring out statistics like that.... I even carefully map out fuel usage on my cars to determine the optimum time of the week to fill up, so that my city driving (which happens mostly on certain days) is done with as little gas in the tank as possible as to eliminate the inertial mass.

Yeah, probably a little compulsive.

Last edited:
Well she better be the one. I am saving every dime I have for this ring instead of boosting my CRX! But ya, I am only 22 and that's why I get so much shit for wanting to get married.
"she better be the one" ? are you serious? listen to yourself! does it sound like she's "the one" ?

Back